View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #92
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

I have 2 opinions on this show. First of all Tool played amazing. They were on key with all the notes and Maynard sounded great, as usual. Now leads me to the setlist. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sorry but how could you not play Sober. That is the song that put Tool on the map. Opiate and Undertow are amazing cds and they played nothing, let me repeat that, NOTHING from them. I totally disagree with the way they are going with their music. They were a kick ass rock band and now all there songs are just music and very few songs with Maynard singing thoughout the song. It seems as the band is pissed off with Maynard because of A Perfect Circle and say hey lets show that we are the best part of Tool and lets keep playing without him singing. Oh and who do they think they are to first of all always charge $60 or more for their shows and charge $38 and $43 for a t-shirt. Are they kidding me. Don't get me wrong, they are an amazing band and all the new stuff sounds good but its just not the same anymore. Tool has changed and not for the better in my eyes. I know everyone is gonna disagree but I know there are some of you out there who will agree with me. Aenima is better than Lateralus and Lateralus is better than 10,000 Days. Tool is on decline and I wouldn't be surprised if they were done making albums. If they are not, go back to your 4 maybe 5 minute songs and just rock out. Sober, Prison Sex, Aenima, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, anything from Opiate... etc. They are all songs that just rock out and are not long songs. Sweet and get to the point. Again, the show was great sounding wise and the lasers were a great addition to the show, but setlist wise, I totally disagree with the way Tool are going. They are not Pink Floyd and should not sound like them. I think they are a better rock band and should play rock plain and simple.
OFFLINE |