View Single Post
Hanover_Fist
06-06-2006, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsOfMandos
Ok, but explain what 'needle' spooning means, and how it fits in with the rest of the lyrics, especially how it ties in with being calmed down by an E.T.

P.S. I am not saying you are wrong, I just would like to hear how you make sense of the song if this is indeed the lyric.
Orange slices and/or Vitamin C can be used to enhance a LSD trip. Needles and spoons are often used for heroin. I've no experience with heroin and no idea what it would do in conjunction with acid. It might get pretty ugly. But maybe it would calm down a bad trip. With the orange slices, the "blotter got right on top of me" line and so on, needle-spooning seems plausible.

(Then again, if you're following the lyrics thread, samples from live shows may prove me wrong - as to what was written at least)
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #660
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: It's NOT fetal spooning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsOfMandos
Ok, but explain what 'needle' spooning means, and how it fits in with the rest of the lyrics, especially how it ties in with being calmed down by an E.T.

P.S. I am not saying you are wrong, I just would like to hear how you make sense of the song if this is indeed the lyric.
Orange slices and/or Vitamin C can be used to enhance a LSD trip. Needles and spoons are often used for heroin. I've no experience with heroin and no idea what it would do in conjunction with acid. It might get pretty ugly. But maybe it would calm down a bad trip. With the orange slices, the "blotter got right on top of me" line and so on, needle-spooning seems plausible.

(Then again, if you're following the lyrics thread, samples from live shows may prove me wrong - as to what was written at least)
OFFLINE |