View Single Post
kanaduh
08-06-2009, 12:03 AM

Best show of the 2009 tour, hands down.
MJK's best night of the tour as well.

-Maynard came out during the lateralus duet almost naked once again, with a plate of french fries or cheese. He walked around the stage offerring food to the members. Then he sang the final minutes of Lateralus doing a 2001-2002 tour-era epic dance while holding a plate of food in his other hand. Absolutely epic.
-During 46+2 they had a guest guitar player for adam. He did a phenominal job as it sounded identical to the original. During the song Maynard moved his letter podium stepping block and put it in the middle of the stage for him to stand on. After the song when a techie went to put it back in front of maynards platform, MJK pointed at him to go back and move the block 1-2 inches to the left. Then 1-2 inches back to the right. Then to the left again... LOL. You had to see it. MJK fucking with his own stage crews was hilarious.
-New guest drummer for Lateralus who did a surprisingly good job
-New Rosetta Stoned visual for past few shows is awesome. As soon as the lasers start in Rosetta Stoned they are playing a game of asteroids on the backdrop behind the stage with lasers. It's fucking hilarious. "PLAYER 1 START".... asteroids... "PLAYER 2 START" ..asteroids.... "GAME OVER" .... "HIGH SCORE" ... all whilst Rosetta Stoned is rocking and lasers are in full force. Epic.
-I think the Molson Amphitheatre is an excellent venue for concerts, minus the ridiculously anal security

Thanks for the setlist and chat junior, much appreciated.

Tomorrow is going to be my first full day at home since july 18th.
Going to sleep 16 hours or more. Absolutely exhausted from travelling and concerts...

(PS: I didn't have time to write a review for the past few shows.... but I CAUGHT A FUCKING DRUMSTICK in Kingston!!! Seriously.... I still can't believe it. I bought my kingston ticket the second they went on sale so I was front row a few meters beside adam. Right after Vicarious as Danny got up I saw something flying towards me...I barely had time to react and his drumstick landed in both of my hands. I didn't even move. The fucking thing just landed in my hands.

I now believe in god.)
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

Best show of the 2009 tour, hands down.
MJK's best night of the tour as well.

-Maynard came out during the lateralus duet almost naked once again, with a plate of french fries or cheese. He walked around the stage offerring food to the members. Then he sang the final minutes of Lateralus doing a 2001-2002 tour-era epic dance while holding a plate of food in his other hand. Absolutely epic.
-During 46+2 they had a guest guitar player for adam. He did a phenominal job as it sounded identical to the original. During the song Maynard moved his letter podium stepping block and put it in the middle of the stage for him to stand on. After the song when a techie went to put it back in front of maynards platform, MJK pointed at him to go back and move the block 1-2 inches to the left. Then 1-2 inches back to the right. Then to the left again... LOL. You had to see it. MJK fucking with his own stage crews was hilarious.
-New guest drummer for Lateralus who did a surprisingly good job
-New Rosetta Stoned visual for past few shows is awesome. As soon as the lasers start in Rosetta Stoned they are playing a game of asteroids on the backdrop behind the stage with lasers. It's fucking hilarious. "PLAYER 1 START".... asteroids... "PLAYER 2 START" ..asteroids.... "GAME OVER" .... "HIGH SCORE" ... all whilst Rosetta Stoned is rocking and lasers are in full force. Epic.
-I think the Molson Amphitheatre is an excellent venue for concerts, minus the ridiculously anal security

Thanks for the setlist and chat junior, much appreciated.

Tomorrow is going to be my first full day at home since july 18th.
Going to sleep 16 hours or more. Absolutely exhausted from travelling and concerts...

(PS: I didn't have time to write a review for the past few shows.... but I CAUGHT A FUCKING DRUMSTICK in Kingston!!! Seriously.... I still can't believe it. I bought my kingston ticket the second they went on sale so I was front row a few meters beside adam. Right after Vicarious as Danny got up I saw something flying towards me...I barely had time to react and his drumstick landed in both of my hands. I didn't even move. The fucking thing just landed in my hands.

I now believe in god.)