View Single Post
TaNaa
08-05-2009, 09:17 PM

Hmmm.. Where to begin.
I arrived when Tweak Bird were just finishing up, so I can't really say if they were any good, but that's not what we went there for, now is it.
As Maynard said, "holy shit, that's a lot of Canadians". I've never seen so many people at that venue, but then again this was the first time I was not in the pit there.. It was tough to get my shitty tickets as it is, so I won't complain.
Let me tell you, I was NOT excited to see TOOL this time around, mainly because of all the negative reviews they received here, and although I knew the set list by heart, overall I REALLLLY enjoyed the show. Yes MJK was barely visible during the show, but he is anti frontman, it was his position since forever, and I kinda like it to be honest. Yeah, he doesn't move as much anymore and barely does his kickass dance moves.. Oh well. Although, he was quite talkative and joked a lot, looks like he could smell the french fries from the stage, lol. I thought his performance was great, as was the performance of all the other guys, which includes the amazing work by Junior. It's always fun to watch Justin jam. :) The only complaint is that I really though Maynard ruined the beginning of Rosetta Stoned, you could barely hear anything behind the static. Also, he WAS screaming like a motherfucker during Rosetta Stoned. Aenima stole the show though imo. Maynard was REALLY into it. I disliked Lateralus because Christopher Robin is just plain bad. I'm not a drummer or anything, but it was painful to see him play alongside with Danny. Overall not their best performance, they are not hungry anymore, so that is to be expected, but it's definitely not as bad as people make it seem in their reviews. Either that or they just performed much better here in Canada. Peace.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

Hmmm.. Where to begin.
I arrived when Tweak Bird were just finishing up, so I can't really say if they were any good, but that's not what we went there for, now is it.
As Maynard said, "holy shit, that's a lot of Canadians". I've never seen so many people at that venue, but then again this was the first time I was not in the pit there.. It was tough to get my shitty tickets as it is, so I won't complain.
Let me tell you, I was NOT excited to see TOOL this time around, mainly because of all the negative reviews they received here, and although I knew the set list by heart, overall I REALLLLY enjoyed the show. Yes MJK was barely visible during the show, but he is anti frontman, it was his position since forever, and I kinda like it to be honest. Yeah, he doesn't move as much anymore and barely does his kickass dance moves.. Oh well. Although, he was quite talkative and joked a lot, looks like he could smell the french fries from the stage, lol. I thought his performance was great, as was the performance of all the other guys, which includes the amazing work by Junior. It's always fun to watch Justin jam. :) The only complaint is that I really though Maynard ruined the beginning of Rosetta Stoned, you could barely hear anything behind the static. Also, he WAS screaming like a motherfucker during Rosetta Stoned. Aenima stole the show though imo. Maynard was REALLY into it. I disliked Lateralus because Christopher Robin is just plain bad. I'm not a drummer or anything, but it was painful to see him play alongside with Danny. Overall not their best performance, they are not hungry anymore, so that is to be expected, but it's definitely not as bad as people make it seem in their reviews. Either that or they just performed much better here in Canada. Peace.
OFFLINE |