View Single Post
๖ۣۜThe Stove๖ۣۜ
08-23-2019, 10:20 PM

IMO the occult themes of the band are serious and not just a gimmick, but I'd have no way of ever knowing for sure. I'd think the different members of the band might have different specific beliefs. I'm just about to finish A Perfect Union of Contrary Things (MJK Bio audiobook) and he attended one of Drunvalo Melchezidek's workshops on sacred geometry and meditation and stuff in the past, although he says he didn't believe in everything Drunvalo did but took some fundamentals. At the same time Maynard may not even believe in spirits or angels or ANYTHING but maybe just something more grand and mysterious, source (but conscious) maybe... who knows.

I love Danny Carey's aesthetic with his gnarly occult themed shirts and stuff, I feel super drawn to a lot of the same works he seems to flash around like Osman Spare, Kenneth Grant, and Andrew Chumbley.

WATCH OUT: You're dead.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #61
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool and the Occult

IMO the occult themes of the band are serious and not just a gimmick, but I'd have no way of ever knowing for sure. I'd think the different members of the band might have different specific beliefs. I'm just about to finish A Perfect Union of Contrary Things (MJK Bio audiobook) and he attended one of Drunvalo Melchezidek's workshops on sacred geometry and meditation and stuff in the past, although he says he didn't believe in everything Drunvalo did but took some fundamentals. At the same time Maynard may not even believe in spirits or angels or ANYTHING but maybe just something more grand and mysterious, source (but conscious) maybe... who knows.

I love Danny Carey's aesthetic with his gnarly occult themed shirts and stuff, I feel super drawn to a lot of the same works he seems to flash around like Osman Spare, Kenneth Grant, and Andrew Chumbley.

WATCH OUT: You're dead.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote