View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

Great Show! Terrible venue! Ok, first the negative- I have managed to avoid "Fiddlers Green/Coors" my entire life, now I know why. The line was rediculous, first an hour outside, then another hour once inside. $8.00 for warm pisswater. Lame decibel limit thingy, could not "feel" the music, which is huge with Tool's amazing melodies. GA lawn, not quite the Temple Buell, but luckily we were in the front row of GA up against fence. Was cool until my friends kid who is 9 (his 1st show, Tool, how cool) almost got smashed into the fence when the silly monkeys behind us on the hill/lawn started moshing and falling into us. Even worse was the monkey next to me screaming the lyrics to Stinkfist, thankfully that was pretty much the only song the poser monkey knew. The monkeys really looked confused when Opiate came on, had no idea as to the rare treat they were witnessing, poor monkeys.
This was my 3rd Tool show, 2002 in Colo Springs, May @ Temple Buell. Regret I did not get into Tool until 99-2000, otherwise I would have 30 shows to my credit by now. Have seen APC 2x, magness and Red Rocks. I would KILL to see Tool @ Red Rocks. Hopefully that chance wiil present itself someday.
As for TOOL, that was the most animated I have ever seen Maynard, he was groovin' hard all night, hard to peel your eyes away from him. Danny was on as usual, he is amazing. Adam and Justin seemed more intoi it as well, all in all the band was tight and as mentioned in an earlier post, you could hear the diiference compared to May @ Temple Buell. The visuals, imho, by far the best I have seen, especially Lateralus and Vicarious, wow. Opiate was certainly a treat, considering the rest of the set seemed too commercial and mainstream. I miss them playing diff stuff every night, never knowing what to expect. In 2oo2 they opened w/ Cold and Ugly followed by Commando by The Ramones, now that is a setlist.
Bottom line, despite all of the negatives I found myself oblivious to everything, existing in my own little "Tool bubble" and digesting every note and visual as if it were my last. BRAVO. TOOL RULES, BEST BAND EVER!!!

...Evolve or become stagnant and die...