View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
02-20-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylleb View Post
come on. you should know better than this. maynard is talking about the decoy album. maynard could say the world would end tomorrow and you would all believe it. i know maynard better than this, being at the grammy's and discussing a new tool album is a tongue in cheak jab at the whole pony show that is the grammy's. keep on hoping, but i would be so sad if they produced an album before 2010. they have said time and time and time again, that they need their space and alone time to bring experiences to the music. anyone wishing for a quick album will be sorely disappointed. i love maynard's sense of humor and the gulibility of fans.
I disagree with this. It could go either way and I don't think it was a jab by Maynard. Truth is, they are getting older and they have 1 album left in their contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they all wanted to try and start a little earlier this time around. Touring just gets exhausting after awhile and I'm sure they don't all want to still be touring at age 50.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #44
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: TOOL To Start Writing New Album 'Right Away'

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylleb View Post
come on. you should know better than this. maynard is talking about the decoy album. maynard could say the world would end tomorrow and you would all believe it. i know maynard better than this, being at the grammy's and discussing a new tool album is a tongue in cheak jab at the whole pony show that is the grammy's. keep on hoping, but i would be so sad if they produced an album before 2010. they have said time and time and time again, that they need their space and alone time to bring experiences to the music. anyone wishing for a quick album will be sorely disappointed. i love maynard's sense of humor and the gulibility of fans.
I disagree with this. It could go either way and I don't think it was a jab by Maynard. Truth is, they are getting older and they have 1 album left in their contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they all wanted to try and start a little earlier this time around. Touring just gets exhausting after awhile and I'm sure they don't all want to still be touring at age 50.