View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/10 - Denver, CO - Temple Buell Theatre

6th show, and I can only say that yes their style has changed slightly, but like wine, always better with age. A few minor goofs here and there, Maynard was a beat or two off at the beginning of schism I believe. I guess they are human. Not to repeat everyone else or the set list, but I echo the sentiments... As has been posted from other venues, Maynard was much more vocal and seemed to be having fun with everything.

When they sat down for the encore, he finally got up and made an aside, "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch..."

"Danny Carey's birthday"

"Last week we released our album, this week were #1 on the charts, I'd like to thank you for that. I'd like to keep it like that also, if you could all help out by buying our record again every week until were back here." (or something to this effect)

He still has the hypnotic agitation about himself onstage, but not as pronounced as it was in the Undertow/Aenima days. But it did make it's way out during Sober. Speaking of Sober, instead of fuck L. Ron Hubbard, it was fuck Rupert Murdoch and all of his clones, and he made this nagging gesture during the fuck these dysfunctional insecure actresses (spoken matter-of-factly, not sung).

The man is back and I can't wait for them to come back around. I'll see these guys any day. Lots of energy at the show, ran into some cool noobs. I especially liked all of the 90 year old ladies who were ushers- they probably shit themselves tonight.... Smell ya later...