View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #67
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenima7988 View Post
holy fuckin shit holy fuckin shit holy fuckin shit
stinkfist jam, amazing. Schism and 46&2 AND Vicarious intros, amazing. Visuals, amazing. Lateralus, amazing. Jambi, amazing. The Pot, amazing (who was soloing on it though? Sounded like a guitar, but Adam was playing something else.) Drum EQ and mixing? I've never heard anything like it. They sounded beefier than I could have ever dreamed. The green visuals climbing the stage, amazing. Justin sitting down for 10,000 Days, amazing. The guy whose face runs away from his skull reprise from the last tour, amazing. Maynard's hat, amazing. The entire venue holding up lighters, amazing. Only one band member holding a lighter back, glass half empty, but still amazing. The end of the Schism video linking up with the concert, amazing. A bootleg shirt vendor somehow getting his merch into the colliseum and selling at gate 20 before anyone could even see the actual merch stands, amazing. I wanna do it all over again. When's the next album?

that was justin on the solo, i dont know what u know about the gear that justin uses, but his bass is a WAL, and its electronics are like no other, if u noticed justin was fiddeling with a knob during the begining of the solo? well that knob adjusts frequencys musch like a wah wah pedal does. but it shifts throug a much wider range of frequencys. and then half way throug, he started fiddeling with an actual expression pedal of sorts. theres a discussion or two about that solo on tooltabs.net

edit:

about that knob fiddeling, if u hear the wah sound in the begining of the patient, thats justin also. its the same thing, he plays the entire line with hammer ons, and turns the knob.

if u notice in schism, he does something similer, but he turns the volume knob up instead, as well as pushes down on his whammy.

im a bass player so iv studied him a lot lol

Last edited by beyondhairy; 10-08-2006 at 08:51 PM..
OFFLINE |