View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

I decided to give my first full review after seeing the last show from the 3 that I saw (Camden, Continental, and Nassau)...In Camden I had third row, Continental I had second row, and in Nassau I was in the 300's...I can honestly say that I enjoyed each show just as much as the others...It was great seeing the show from up close and from far away, because it was two completely different experiences and I feel it is essential for everyone to try and experience both

To top it off, I was able to see the concert with my sister and my dad (twice)...Just being able to share these amazing experiences with them after we've had some rough times in the past made this tour truly magical and the best I've experienced...The two things that will forever stick in my mind is seeing my sister's eyes light up when they came on stage in Continental and kicked off with Stinkfist and then seeing the excitement on the face of my dad that resembled a little kid when I told him my friend couldn't make it to the Nassau show and I needed him to take his place

A lot has been said about the band selling out and opting for a bigger production, but this tour was so tastefully done...They kept their integrity and we all have to realize that they can't be playing 'underground' type shows forever...The lasers and visuals were the best I've seen and I'm thankful I was able to see them from high up, because you do miss a lot on the floor (though there's something to be said when you're second row and Maynard is staring right at you)...Musicwise, we all know how incredibly talented they all are...People complain about the setlist, and sure, I would like to hear some of my favorites as well, but the setlist they used was perfect...I was very content seeing it 3 times

Concerning the Nassau show: This show had a special feeling to it...There was something in the air...I really thought they were gonna do an extra song...I've never seen Maynard so happy, he even came down from his platform and towards the crowd at the end of the show (gave someone his windbreaker too)...Nassau was incredibly loud, though Continental was louder (Maynard was right)...Other than the ridiculously long bathroom line and the rather strange people that went to the show, it was an amazing experience

Favorite moments: Opening with Stinkfist, Wings/10 K Days (in the indoor venues), extended version of Schism, all the Maynardisms (especially when he talked about pissing in our mouths in Camden), Maynard's antics during LK/RS, Jambi bull ride, the show stopping Aenema, but by far my favorite was right after their break on stage hearing the pounding drums seeing the lights being hoisted up and then the stage EXPLODING while Lateralus came on...Absolutely incredible and I felt all my hairs standing on end

I can't wait to see you all at the 3-4 shows I'm planning on going to in the Spring...Until then, spiral out!
OFFLINE |