View Single Post
tcM_Emperor
12-09-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
The "douchebag" in question has done Adams guitars for over 6 years.
Guitar rigs occasionally have problems; that's one of the reasons he's there.
Every night before "Wings" he has to go onstage to set up Adams control pedal for his "tremolo cabinet" effect on that song. Between "Wings" and "Lateralus" he goes back out to remove it. Often the song starts before he can get out of there.
The monitor engineer, the stage manager, and the head of security are also offstage on that side. When Maynard makes that motion it usually is a signal to one of those guys. Either he wants something out of his monitors that is too loud, or he sees something going on down front that needs attention. I don't think it was directed at Adams tech.
But it was, I could see who he was looking at and he was looking at the guy who was working on Adam's guitar. And if you were right in front of Adam like I was, you could see the gestures of pain on his face during part of Rosetta Stoned where the notes were pretty off. Then right after that song he handed the guitar to the guy...

Any way you slice it it was pretty obvious there were some problems. I'm not saying it hampered the show in any way, but it was sort of annoying how often that guy was coming on stage.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #16
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: Dec 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
The "douchebag" in question has done Adams guitars for over 6 years.
Guitar rigs occasionally have problems; that's one of the reasons he's there.
Every night before "Wings" he has to go onstage to set up Adams control pedal for his "tremolo cabinet" effect on that song. Between "Wings" and "Lateralus" he goes back out to remove it. Often the song starts before he can get out of there.
The monitor engineer, the stage manager, and the head of security are also offstage on that side. When Maynard makes that motion it usually is a signal to one of those guys. Either he wants something out of his monitors that is too loud, or he sees something going on down front that needs attention. I don't think it was directed at Adams tech.
But it was, I could see who he was looking at and he was looking at the guy who was working on Adam's guitar. And if you were right in front of Adam like I was, you could see the gestures of pain on his face during part of Rosetta Stoned where the notes were pretty off. Then right after that song he handed the guitar to the guy...

Any way you slice it it was pretty obvious there were some problems. I'm not saying it hampered the show in any way, but it was sort of annoying how often that guy was coming on stage.