View Single Post
junior
12-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor View Post
I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.
The "douchebag" in question has done Adams guitars for over 6 years.
Guitar rigs occasionally have problems; that's one of the reasons he's there.
Every night before "Wings" he has to go onstage to set up Adams control pedal for his "tremolo cabinet" effect on that song. Between "Wings" and "Lateralus" he goes back out to remove it. Often the song starts before he can get out of there.
The monitor engineer, the stage manager, and the head of security are also offstage on that side. When Maynard makes that motion it usually is a signal to one of those guys. Either he wants something out of his monitors that is too loud, or he sees something going on down front that needs attention. I don't think it was directed at Adams tech.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor View Post
I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.
The "douchebag" in question has done Adams guitars for over 6 years.
Guitar rigs occasionally have problems; that's one of the reasons he's there.
Every night before "Wings" he has to go onstage to set up Adams control pedal for his "tremolo cabinet" effect on that song. Between "Wings" and "Lateralus" he goes back out to remove it. Often the song starts before he can get out of there.
The monitor engineer, the stage manager, and the head of security are also offstage on that side. When Maynard makes that motion it usually is a signal to one of those guys. Either he wants something out of his monitors that is too loud, or he sees something going on down front that needs attention. I don't think it was directed at Adams tech.
OFFLINE |