View Single Post
tcM_Emperor
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM

This was my second Tool show, first one being at The Gorge last year.

We got there about four hours early, there were only a dozen or so people waiting there before us. Holy shit was it cold, and the four hours seemed to take forever. But once that door opened we charged into the arena and got right in front and to our left a bit basically right in front of where Adam was.

TransAM was ok, not enough vocals and too much repetition in the music but they had some interesting moments. There was like a 30 minute break before Tool came on, and once the lights went out the mob pushed forward like it was the end of the world. It does not feel good to have the force of hundreds of people pressing you into a railing. A girl to my left was getting hurt so bad she was crying her eyes out when finally we got a security guy to pull her out.

Anyways, the show was absolutely amazing. I'm not sure how some people say they could hear Maynard clearly because from where me and my friends were standing we could barely hear him at all. Although, it could have something to do with the fact that there was a speaker like right in our faces.

Highlights were definitely the drum battle between Danny and the drummer from TransAM (forget his name), Lateralus, Jambi, Stinkfist, Schism and Flood were fuckin amazing. I honestly didn't enjoy Wings/10K days that much because to me what makes those songs(or song) so great is mainly the vocals, and as I said we could barely even hear Maynard. I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.

Yes, I ended up buying two of the $43 shirts. That show was so fucking amazing that any physical memorabilia I oould get my hands on I was going to get.

A tip for anyone thinking about being in the very front on the floor: just get behind someone short in the 2nd row of people on the floor and let them suffer the pains of the railing... I'm seriously bruised right below my pecs from this show.... but the scars are well worth it.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12
Re: Dec 07 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena

This was my second Tool show, first one being at The Gorge last year.

We got there about four hours early, there were only a dozen or so people waiting there before us. Holy shit was it cold, and the four hours seemed to take forever. But once that door opened we charged into the arena and got right in front and to our left a bit basically right in front of where Adam was.

TransAM was ok, not enough vocals and too much repetition in the music but they had some interesting moments. There was like a 30 minute break before Tool came on, and once the lights went out the mob pushed forward like it was the end of the world. It does not feel good to have the force of hundreds of people pressing you into a railing. A girl to my left was getting hurt so bad she was crying her eyes out when finally we got a security guy to pull her out.

Anyways, the show was absolutely amazing. I'm not sure how some people say they could hear Maynard clearly because from where me and my friends were standing we could barely hear him at all. Although, it could have something to do with the fact that there was a speaker like right in our faces.

Highlights were definitely the drum battle between Danny and the drummer from TransAM (forget his name), Lateralus, Jambi, Stinkfist, Schism and Flood were fuckin amazing. I honestly didn't enjoy Wings/10K days that much because to me what makes those songs(or song) so great is mainly the vocals, and as I said we could barely even hear Maynard. I'm apparently the first one to mention this but there was some serious technical difficulties with instruments throughout the show, especially Adam's guitars. The douchebag who was supposed to set it up properly had to come back on stage like five times to fix it... he even walked on when Lateralus was starting... stay off the stage when a song is starting you idiot. At one point Maynard was looking at him when he was off stage and doing the cut throat gesture at him and the "you're out" thing with his thumb basically saying you're fired, cracked me up.

Yes, I ended up buying two of the $43 shirts. That show was so fucking amazing that any physical memorabilia I oould get my hands on I was going to get.

A tip for anyone thinking about being in the very front on the floor: just get behind someone short in the 2nd row of people on the floor and let them suffer the pains of the railing... I'm seriously bruised right below my pecs from this show.... but the scars are well worth it.