View Single Post
merkabaman's Avatar merkabaman
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM

This was my first Tool show from the floor, and let me just say that I didn't stay up front for long. My girlfriend and I showed up to the arena at around four, after a two hour drive. I had heard that the front of the floor is shit, and at least for Jambi, that seemed to be the case. My girlfriend had to be launched out after about a minute, I joined her at the end of the song. I've been a part of some crazy pits, but that shit was ridiculous.

So we watched the rest of the show from right by the sound boards. My girl is such a trooper, when she was launched from the pit, she lost a shoe, and watched the rest of the show without it, happy as pie.

The show itself was awe inspiring. And I'll have to agree, the lights back from the stage are much better. Sound was excellent, which was good considering how other people have reviewed sound on here for this tour.

As far as the reefer maniacs, I don't understand why you would want to be messed up for Tool anyway. In my opinion, if you can't take something meaningful away from a performance like that, you don't deserve to be there. But enough bitching...

The highlight of the show for me was either 46&2 or Lateralis. Wings 1&2 were amazing as well, I don't see how people could deny how moving those songs are. I was moved nearly to tears, weird I know, but that's Tool! All in all there is nothing better than the Tool live experience, thanks for being cool Spokane!!

Live, Love, and Learn
Old 12-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 07 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena

This was my first Tool show from the floor, and let me just say that I didn't stay up front for long. My girlfriend and I showed up to the arena at around four, after a two hour drive. I had heard that the front of the floor is shit, and at least for Jambi, that seemed to be the case. My girlfriend had to be launched out after about a minute, I joined her at the end of the song. I've been a part of some crazy pits, but that shit was ridiculous.

So we watched the rest of the show from right by the sound boards. My girl is such a trooper, when she was launched from the pit, she lost a shoe, and watched the rest of the show without it, happy as pie.

The show itself was awe inspiring. And I'll have to agree, the lights back from the stage are much better. Sound was excellent, which was good considering how other people have reviewed sound on here for this tour.

As far as the reefer maniacs, I don't understand why you would want to be messed up for Tool anyway. In my opinion, if you can't take something meaningful away from a performance like that, you don't deserve to be there. But enough bitching...

The highlight of the show for me was either 46&2 or Lateralis. Wings 1&2 were amazing as well, I don't see how people could deny how moving those songs are. I was moved nearly to tears, weird I know, but that's Tool! All in all there is nothing better than the Tool live experience, thanks for being cool Spokane!!

Live, Love, and Learn