View Single Post
Big Fuzzy's Avatar Big Fuzzy
12-08-2007, 06:26 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ions intro & Extended Bridge)
Forty Six & Two
Schism (Extended intro & Bridge)
Rostetta Stoned
Noise & Lights Intermission
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralis (w/ Sebastian of Trans Am)
Vicarious

"What's up you Drunk Bitches of Spotuckey?!"

"It's good to see you again...Oh, I was talking to Sebastian...It's good to see you too."

I had the tickets to this show since October. Was worried about Maynard being sick earlier in the week, what a trooper. Drove two and a half hours from my hometown of Omak to the Arena. Was offered Mushrooms in the parking lot, but didn't buy any. I haven't tripped at a concert since White Zombie/Pantera at the Gorge back in 1996. But nice people though. It was cold outside standing in line. Once inside, I purchased a shirt ($43 xxl, luckily it was payday week for me), and the exclusive Spokane show poster. Then went into the GA area and within minutes Trans Am took the stage. They are different, but totally tight. I especially liked it when the guitar player played bass as well. A total "Spinal Tap Big Bottom with distortion" sound. They played mostly instrumentals, but they had two songs one with Vocoder vocals and another with Clean vocals. It was also funny when the bass player on the drummers' right was munching on something as they were playing. Then Tool took the stage. Massive crowd roar. Excellent Projections (the spiral of bodies was eerie), Lasers (more than last years Gorge show), Smoke (from them and the crowd), Sound (pretty clear from where I was standing, Adam and Maynards' side, behind the pit), and Lights. Plus really good musicianship. I still can't pick a favorite Tool show out of the 5 I've seen. The extended intros and extended bridges were great to hear. As well as the noise in between songs (lots of low end). Whatever they have to make those sounds I want it. It's an awsome experience to hear what they do with those parts. Excellent improvosations. I really like that riff Adam plays before Schism. Felt like I was getting abducted during the intermission. They also showed stills from the new video at that point. Been waiting for a long time to hear Flood! They nailed it! They also switched the order of the setlist for that song (compared to previous performances). Because they went into Wings 1&2 after Flood. Wings for Marie got the Bics out for a few minutes. The stereo panning rotary guitars during Wing for Marie were another highlight for me. The drum trade offs with Danny and Sebastian during Lateralis were awsome (it reminded me of the Melvins/Tool song "Divorced" off the Melvins' "The Crybaby" LP, only sans the Feedback). To me, it was wierd that they setup the drumset for Sebastian as they were starting the song (it must cut showtime). My only complaint is for those Ladies who get on their boyfriends' shoulders. THIS IS NOT BON FUCKING JOVI!!!! I know it's all in fun, but I don't think Tool are looking for women on the shoulders of their boyfriends or friends. So, DONT' BLOCK PEOPLES' VIEW OF THE BAND FOR YOUR OWN ATTENTION GETTING EGOMANIA!

"See you all soon, peace the Fuck out."

Oh yeah, seen Maynard do some Napoleon Dynamite moves, Fuckin' funny.

Thanks to Phil B. who ordered my tickets online.
And thanks to Tool, and the Tool road crew for making it a superb Friday night.

Last edited by Big Fuzzy; 12-09-2007 at 05:31 AM..
Old 12-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 07 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena

Jambi
Stinkfist (Ions intro & Extended Bridge)
Forty Six & Two
Schism (Extended intro & Bridge)
Rostetta Stoned
Noise & Lights Intermission
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralis (w/ Sebastian of Trans Am)
Vicarious

"What's up you Drunk Bitches of Spotuckey?!"

"It's good to see you again...Oh, I was talking to Sebastian...It's good to see you too."

I had the tickets to this show since October. Was worried about Maynard being sick earlier in the week, what a trooper. Drove two and a half hours from my hometown of Omak to the Arena. Was offered Mushrooms in the parking lot, but didn't buy any. I haven't tripped at a concert since White Zombie/Pantera at the Gorge back in 1996. But nice people though. It was cold outside standing in line. Once inside, I purchased a shirt ($43 xxl, luckily it was payday week for me), and the exclusive Spokane show poster. Then went into the GA area and within minutes Trans Am took the stage. They are different, but totally tight. I especially liked it when the guitar player played bass as well. A total "Spinal Tap Big Bottom with distortion" sound. They played mostly instrumentals, but they had two songs one with Vocoder vocals and another with Clean vocals. It was also funny when the bass player on the drummers' right was munching on something as they were playing. Then Tool took the stage. Massive crowd roar. Excellent Projections (the spiral of bodies was eerie), Lasers (more than last years Gorge show), Smoke (from them and the crowd), Sound (pretty clear from where I was standing, Adam and Maynards' side, behind the pit), and Lights. Plus really good musicianship. I still can't pick a favorite Tool show out of the 5 I've seen. The extended intros and extended bridges were great to hear. As well as the noise in between songs (lots of low end). Whatever they have to make those sounds I want it. It's an awsome experience to hear what they do with those parts. Excellent improvosations. I really like that riff Adam plays before Schism. Felt like I was getting abducted during the intermission. They also showed stills from the new video at that point. Been waiting for a long time to hear Flood! They nailed it! They also switched the order of the setlist for that song (compared to previous performances). Because they went into Wings 1&2 after Flood. Wings for Marie got the Bics out for a few minutes. The stereo panning rotary guitars during Wing for Marie were another highlight for me. The drum trade offs with Danny and Sebastian during Lateralis were awsome (it reminded me of the Melvins/Tool song "Divorced" off the Melvins' "The Crybaby" LP, only sans the Feedback). To me, it was wierd that they setup the drumset for Sebastian as they were starting the song (it must cut showtime). My only complaint is for those Ladies who get on their boyfriends' shoulders. THIS IS NOT BON FUCKING JOVI!!!! I know it's all in fun, but I don't think Tool are looking for women on the shoulders of their boyfriends or friends. So, DONT' BLOCK PEOPLES' VIEW OF THE BAND FOR YOUR OWN ATTENTION GETTING EGOMANIA!

"See you all soon, peace the Fuck out."

Oh yeah, seen Maynard do some Napoleon Dynamite moves, Fuckin' funny.

Thanks to Phil B. who ordered my tickets online.
And thanks to Tool, and the Tool road crew for making it a superb Friday night.

Last edited by Big Fuzzy; 12-09-2007 at 05:31 AM..
OFFLINE |