View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 10:53 AM   #48
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Bible written by the Driud Mafia!!!

Here's my thinking on the Creation vs Evolution thing: both.

If God wrote the Bible (those who have read Drosnin's 'Bible Code', please chime in) he did it long time ago. Before we knew about the universe, and molecules, and dna, and dinosaurs. I think Moses's uncle invented the pointed stick, I mean its a long time ago.

He (God) couldn't say "First, I condensed all the matter in this dimension into a tiny ball and then BANG!! Then, after a while, I created life using what I like to call "building blocks"
and something called nutrients..." and so on. He had to explain it in a way that tiny-brained people with no knowledge of science could understand. Hence, the myth-like story of a garden with no sin and a evil creature and crazy apple, a half-page history of why there is space, why there is land, water, people, and why people have it rough. Simple, concise, it gets all the major points across and answers the big questions.

Hard-core creationist might say that any interpretation of what the Bible says is wrong b/c it's the word of God and is infalible.
But, a shorter version of the truth is not a lie. If you ask me to explain how a stop light works, I will say that a sensor in the road tells the light when to change. That's true, its an accurate statement. Of course, there's a lot more to it than that, more than I could readily understand. But I was still right., and I answered your question well enough to suit your needs.

Obviously, evolution is a logical theory. We have tailbones, for cryin out loud. But even if that theory is correct, and we came from a puddle of magic slime, they can't explain how the slime begot life. They just say it was a miracle.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote