View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 06:11 PM   #43
Dub
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 41
Science is based upon what we can observe. That started with our eyes, ears, and all the other senses, and then grew to accomodate things we could begin to observe through other means, light spectrums, electricity etc.

I think there must be other forces out there acting on the universe that we cannot sense consciously. That are beyond our senses, but still affect us in some way we can not yeat measure or understand. Television and radio waves go through you each minute of every day... there you are, unaware...

Has anyone read "The Holotropic Mind" ? I forget the author but he was a prominat researcher with LSD. Graf I think it was.

He has some interesting stories and theories in there, many about psychology and metaphysics. One that is not fully developed but taked from another book is that the universe is very much like a hologram. In a hologram you can break it into pieces and the tiny pieces can still be used to create the original image... anyway.. there's some through provoking stuff.

Cronos commented on not believing in past lives, I don't really, but I do believe we are all connected by invisible forces. One story in the book is about a women under hypnosis (it may have been acid I can't really remember) But she had the experience of being on the front lines during one of the World Wars, and seeing a fellow soldier die. She could describe all the surroundings and what was being said, etc. She told the tale to her grandfather and it turned out to be one of his memories of the war. He had never told anyone about it, and she remembered the exact same things he did. I'm probably forgetting some crucial detail that proves it was him and not another soldier... but it raises some interesting questions.