View Single Post
svet-am
03-23-2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
*Sigh*

Listen... Alex Grey has his picture with the title "10,000 Days" superimposed over the painting with a note next to it confirming the truth of the image and his work with the new album. If it was fake, he wouldn't present it as such.

And by the way, you haven't heard the album, and neither have I, so frankly I find it rather useless to comment that the artwork doesn't mesh with the sound of the album. Until we hear the album and hold it in our hands, it is essentially impossible for us to speak on the meaning of anything besides what the band gives us (i.e. tracklisting, artwork, etc.) Anything else is just more of what I was complaining about above... people speculating and assuming what Tool will do based on what THEY want the band to do rather than what the band actually is doing.

But whatever.
You do realize that Alex Grey does not do his own news updates -- he has a helper do that like TOOL has Blair to do the web site. The news post isn't even written in first person. it's in third.

Also, no, I have not heard the album -- never claimed to. I am simply extrapolating from the explanations of the sound and feel and aim of the album that the member of the band have described in their own words from their own mouths during interviews that have been readily bandied about on this forum.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: Alex Grey Confirms Album Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
*Sigh*

Listen... Alex Grey has his picture with the title "10,000 Days" superimposed over the painting with a note next to it confirming the truth of the image and his work with the new album. If it was fake, he wouldn't present it as such.

And by the way, you haven't heard the album, and neither have I, so frankly I find it rather useless to comment that the artwork doesn't mesh with the sound of the album. Until we hear the album and hold it in our hands, it is essentially impossible for us to speak on the meaning of anything besides what the band gives us (i.e. tracklisting, artwork, etc.) Anything else is just more of what I was complaining about above... people speculating and assuming what Tool will do based on what THEY want the band to do rather than what the band actually is doing.

But whatever.
You do realize that Alex Grey does not do his own news updates -- he has a helper do that like TOOL has Blair to do the web site. The news post isn't even written in first person. it's in third.

Also, no, I have not heard the album -- never claimed to. I am simply extrapolating from the explanations of the sound and feel and aim of the album that the member of the band have described in their own words from their own mouths during interviews that have been readily bandied about on this forum.