View Single Post
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
03-23-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svet-am
the artwork, seemingly confirmed by Mr Grey, does not mesh well with the alleged themes of '10,000 Days' and the more 'angry, agressive, political' sound that they've been spouting in interview recently.

i give a lot of credence to Alex Grey, so I think he's honest and that is, in fact, part of the artwork for album. however, i think the band is still fucking with us when it comes to album title and song titles.

seeing stuff on amazon.com proves nothing. any joe on the street can email amazon to 'correct' information for a particular album. When KMFDM's album WWIII came out, they initially had it labelled as 'Wwiii'. On the album page it had a link to 'is this info wrong? contact us to correct it'. I clicked the link, explained that it should be all caps as in 'World War III' and the next day, the title was totally fixed. you can do the same thing if the album artwork is 'incorrect.'

so, tool could've just sent amazon incorrect info.

for all the folks hearing DJs spouting stuff, they're just recycling info that is being put out on the Intarweb by people like this forum.

TOOL is doing a good job of keeping things secret. No, i don't think it's part of the 1 April joke -- i think it's about keeping the album pure until release.

*Sigh*

Listen... Alex Grey has his picture with the title "10,000 Days" superimposed over the painting with a note next to it confirming the truth of the image and his work with the new album. If it was fake, he wouldn't present it as such.

And by the way, you haven't heard the album, and neither have I, so frankly I find it rather useless to comment that the artwork doesn't mesh with the sound of the album. Until we hear the album and hold it in our hands, it is essentially impossible for us to speak on the meaning of anything besides what the band gives us (i.e. tracklisting, artwork, etc.) Anything else is just more of what I was complaining about above... people speculating and assuming what Tool will do based on what THEY want the band to do rather than what the band actually is doing.

But whatever.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23
Re: Alex Grey Confirms Album Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by svet-am
the artwork, seemingly confirmed by Mr Grey, does not mesh well with the alleged themes of '10,000 Days' and the more 'angry, agressive, political' sound that they've been spouting in interview recently.

i give a lot of credence to Alex Grey, so I think he's honest and that is, in fact, part of the artwork for album. however, i think the band is still fucking with us when it comes to album title and song titles.

seeing stuff on amazon.com proves nothing. any joe on the street can email amazon to 'correct' information for a particular album. When KMFDM's album WWIII came out, they initially had it labelled as 'Wwiii'. On the album page it had a link to 'is this info wrong? contact us to correct it'. I clicked the link, explained that it should be all caps as in 'World War III' and the next day, the title was totally fixed. you can do the same thing if the album artwork is 'incorrect.'

so, tool could've just sent amazon incorrect info.

for all the folks hearing DJs spouting stuff, they're just recycling info that is being put out on the Intarweb by people like this forum.

TOOL is doing a good job of keeping things secret. No, i don't think it's part of the 1 April joke -- i think it's about keeping the album pure until release.

*Sigh*

Listen... Alex Grey has his picture with the title "10,000 Days" superimposed over the painting with a note next to it confirming the truth of the image and his work with the new album. If it was fake, he wouldn't present it as such.

And by the way, you haven't heard the album, and neither have I, so frankly I find it rather useless to comment that the artwork doesn't mesh with the sound of the album. Until we hear the album and hold it in our hands, it is essentially impossible for us to speak on the meaning of anything besides what the band gives us (i.e. tracklisting, artwork, etc.) Anything else is just more of what I was complaining about above... people speculating and assuming what Tool will do based on what THEY want the band to do rather than what the band actually is doing.

But whatever.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote