View Single Post
jesseAK
08-07-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedran
Hey people, I've never posted on a forum before since I'm a selfish, usually internet avoiding bastard, and only use you guys for information. Anyway, I've been trying to compile some relatively accurate lyrics to the album, and you're all pretty good about figuring out most of them. However, I'm really surprised that no one has noticed/ brought this up, regardless of whether it's accurate or not (which I have some doubts about, but I'll tend to believe it). But here's what I hear in the lyrics, which would mostly be relevant only if this is in fact not actually Lipan, and kind of supports the joke theories and whatnot...

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

Anyway, it kind of works with the whole self-deprecating, mocking view of the track, with tool making fun of themselves and the whole mystical/metaphysical side of their music, as well as their fanbase and also the eagerness or occasional zealotry that this album has been expected with. It's what I heard the first time I listened to this segue, and what I've heard ever since, and I've found it holds together after much repeated listening. I thought it was funny as hell, anyway. Feel free to disect it, though.
You, sir, are a genius. ^.^
Old 08-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Lipan Conjuring Lyrics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedran
Hey people, I've never posted on a forum before since I'm a selfish, usually internet avoiding bastard, and only use you guys for information. Anyway, I've been trying to compile some relatively accurate lyrics to the album, and you're all pretty good about figuring out most of them. However, I'm really surprised that no one has noticed/ brought this up, regardless of whether it's accurate or not (which I have some doubts about, but I'll tend to believe it). But here's what I hear in the lyrics, which would mostly be relevant only if this is in fact not actually Lipan, and kind of supports the joke theories and whatnot...

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

Anyway, it kind of works with the whole self-deprecating, mocking view of the track, with tool making fun of themselves and the whole mystical/metaphysical side of their music, as well as their fanbase and also the eagerness or occasional zealotry that this album has been expected with. It's what I heard the first time I listened to this segue, and what I've heard ever since, and I've found it holds together after much repeated listening. I thought it was funny as hell, anyway. Feel free to disect it, though.
You, sir, are a genius. ^.^
OFFLINE |