View Single Post
NawnimNonNomen's Avatar NawnimNonNomen
07-03-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawnimNonNomen
Actually, it's not Tool claiming that the song is sacred to folks at the Tracker School (actually just to Tom); it's Tom (or his secretary anyway) who claims it's sacred.
I twisted an arm, and here's the actual letter from Tracker School:

We were taken by surprise by the use of this song. Tom does not recall working or speaking with Justin Chancellor.

Billy McConnell no longer is connected with the school, nor did he have permission to use this material. The song is sacred to Tom and he does not reveal the meaning of the words to anyone.

I don't mean to take a harsh tone with you, but hearing someone sing a song, on an album no less, that Tom only shares with his students, has been upsetting to many people. It is like the breaking of a sacred trust.

Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

[email protected]
"There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to 'mean' horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid." --Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by NawnimNonNomen; 07-03-2006 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: html snafu
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Lipan Conjuring Lyrics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawnimNonNomen
Actually, it's not Tool claiming that the song is sacred to folks at the Tracker School (actually just to Tom); it's Tom (or his secretary anyway) who claims it's sacred.
I twisted an arm, and here's the actual letter from Tracker School:

We were taken by surprise by the use of this song. Tom does not recall working or speaking with Justin Chancellor.

Billy McConnell no longer is connected with the school, nor did he have permission to use this material. The song is sacred to Tom and he does not reveal the meaning of the words to anyone.

I don't mean to take a harsh tone with you, but hearing someone sing a song, on an album no less, that Tom only shares with his students, has been upsetting to many people. It is like the breaking of a sacred trust.

Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

[email protected]
"There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to 'mean' horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid." --Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by NawnimNonNomen; 07-03-2006 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: html snafu
OFFLINE |