View Single Post
NawnimNonNomen's Avatar NawnimNonNomen
06-15-2006, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedran
Hey people, I've never posted on a forum before since I'm a selfish, usually internet avoiding bastard, and only use you guys for information. Anyway, I've been trying to compile some relatively accurate lyrics to the album, and you're all pretty good about figuring out most of them. However, I'm really surprised that no one has noticed/ brought this up, regardless of whether it's accurate or not (which I have some doubts about, but I'll tend to believe it). But here's what I hear in the lyrics, which would mostly be relevant only if this is in fact not actually Lipan, and kind of supports the joke theories and whatnot...

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

Anyway, it kind of works with the whole self-deprecating, mocking view of the track, with tool making fun of themselves and the whole mystical/metaphysical side of their music, as well as their fanbase and also the eagerness or occasional zealotry that this album has been expected with. It's what I heard the first time I listened to this segue, and what I've heard ever since, and I've found it holds together after much repeated listening. I thought it was funny as hell, anyway. Feel free to disect it, though.
Not to be one of those jerks who directs you to his own posts, but I put up some information about the singer and song's origin on
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49790

I'll add that the song is supposedly sacred to Brown and the folks at Tracker, so it's supposedly true Lipan and meaningful. If it does turn out to be not Lipan or meaningful at all, maybe they put it on their album hoping to expose a fraud?

The "new-tool-cool" thing, btw, is awesome. Maybe pronunciations/accents were adjusted for the purpose just to really drive home the point.
"There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to 'mean' horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid." --Theodore Roosevelt
Old 06-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Lipan Conjuring Lyrics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedran
Hey people, I've never posted on a forum before since I'm a selfish, usually internet avoiding bastard, and only use you guys for information. Anyway, I've been trying to compile some relatively accurate lyrics to the album, and you're all pretty good about figuring out most of them. However, I'm really surprised that no one has noticed/ brought this up, regardless of whether it's accurate or not (which I have some doubts about, but I'll tend to believe it). But here's what I hear in the lyrics, which would mostly be relevant only if this is in fact not actually Lipan, and kind of supports the joke theories and whatnot...

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, new,
yahah new, yeaah

Oooayeayah...
Oooayeayah...
Heeyahenayah, tool
Heeyahenayah, cool

Anyway, it kind of works with the whole self-deprecating, mocking view of the track, with tool making fun of themselves and the whole mystical/metaphysical side of their music, as well as their fanbase and also the eagerness or occasional zealotry that this album has been expected with. It's what I heard the first time I listened to this segue, and what I've heard ever since, and I've found it holds together after much repeated listening. I thought it was funny as hell, anyway. Feel free to disect it, though.
Not to be one of those jerks who directs you to his own posts, but I put up some information about the singer and song's origin on
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=49790

I'll add that the song is supposedly sacred to Brown and the folks at Tracker, so it's supposedly true Lipan and meaningful. If it does turn out to be not Lipan or meaningful at all, maybe they put it on their album hoping to expose a fraud?

The "new-tool-cool" thing, btw, is awesome. Maybe pronunciations/accents were adjusted for the purpose just to really drive home the point.
"There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to 'mean' horses and gun-fighters; but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid." --Theodore Roosevelt
OFFLINE |