View Single Post
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-15-2012, 12:03 AM

severed still works with the whole endocrinal system you're talking about. have you ever seen that parabola dvd menu bumper? or any of the vicarious video? how does severed NOT work? bc you hear center?

but c'mon, when your mind is still and physical self forgotten (alex grey's mindfold, cupped headphones, and all), when all cognition of your body melts off into oblivion, you will know that there is a world of difference between "sever" and "severed". do you hear "centered" at least? i've heard some soft t's before but this phonetic challenge is truncating the full duration of what's being sung.

there's a hard d and then air, or in musical terms ...a rest. it carries the lyrical rhythm that extra all-important step ...and yeah it is as necessary as i'm making it. it makes shit pop! and clashes perfectly with what the bass is doing there (one of my fav. tool riffs).

also, the center of 1 makes more sense than the center of 2. unless there were 3, in which case it'd be the center 1 of 2 (no wait that's still 2 ...center 1 of 3). i'm not maynard, but i think "middle" works better than "center" in this case. might be a knitpick, tho. i've been using google sketchup too much i'm sure.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-15-2012 at 12:10 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #1173
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: 02 - Jambi lyrics

severed still works with the whole endocrinal system you're talking about. have you ever seen that parabola dvd menu bumper? or any of the vicarious video? how does severed NOT work? bc you hear center?

but c'mon, when your mind is still and physical self forgotten (alex grey's mindfold, cupped headphones, and all), when all cognition of your body melts off into oblivion, you will know that there is a world of difference between "sever" and "severed". do you hear "centered" at least? i've heard some soft t's before but this phonetic challenge is truncating the full duration of what's being sung.

there's a hard d and then air, or in musical terms ...a rest. it carries the lyrical rhythm that extra all-important step ...and yeah it is as necessary as i'm making it. it makes shit pop! and clashes perfectly with what the bass is doing there (one of my fav. tool riffs).

also, the center of 1 makes more sense than the center of 2. unless there were 3, in which case it'd be the center 1 of 2 (no wait that's still 2 ...center 1 of 3). i'm not maynard, but i think "middle" works better than "center" in this case. might be a knitpick, tho. i've been using google sketchup too much i'm sure.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-15-2012 at 12:10 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote