View Single Post
Neurotripsicks's Avatar Neurotripsicks
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Severed "Shine down upon the severed, shine until the two become one."

I think it's funny how people hear an illusion of "down" in that song. He never says "shine down"...ever. not once ever. People think it's "Sun" and imediately assume and conjure up other words describing that premise. Well, ...I hate to break it to you, and the other people that think it's "Sun" but it's not .... it's "Son". Once you understand that one word within Jambi and analyse the song (not over analyzing) as a whole with THAT premise, you will then begin to understand why "center" is crucial and how it is important not only to Jambi, but 10,000 Days in general. Don't hate me, you'll get it one day...or maybe not. Who knows ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
1177 posts deep on just this one song ...has gotta count for something. only "right in two" beats it out ...and we all know why, we all know which line it is. but the lyrics in jambi have a few instances of uncertainty, which on their own seem to influence the others (i.e. if you hear this now, you'll hear that later) ...which indeed makes it tough ...but the fact that these discrepancies can weave and dance around each other to compliment ...as well as contradict(!) ...is ...well, i don't know. do we have a name for it? do we -need- to name it? i know i can't do it! well, not intentionally at least. certainly not like tool. i mean, it happens all the time in conversation. i don't know what it is about me or how i communicate with others, but i get into trouble A LOT, even with the best of intentions ...even with further clarification ...even in my own family. perhaps i've tripped too often(?) but 'misunderstandings' - as a general concept - happen to me all the time. [this isn't a racism commentary btw]. some people are so habitual or stubborn that you know they're gonna hear something you say in a certain light, or perhaps darkness ...the cynics out there are nearly impossible to talk to, and forget watching a movie with them (...but then i wonder if i'm really meeting them half way?) blah blah blah... whole 'nother conversation...

anyways, everything you said up there (1176) is e-prime and dandy. the grass appears green to me, too. also ...the fevered ego thing was more of an allusion to hicks, nothing t'wards you.

I'm open to anything. It's hard to live life like Reflection has taught me. Although, I can understand different opinions and theories about Tool songs and albums etc, etc.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #1172
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02 - Jambi lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
Severed "Shine down upon the severed, shine until the two become one."

I think it's funny how people hear an illusion of "down" in that song. He never says "shine down"...ever. not once ever. People think it's "Sun" and imediately assume and conjure up other words describing that premise. Well, ...I hate to break it to you, and the other people that think it's "Sun" but it's not .... it's "Son". Once you understand that one word within Jambi and analyse the song (not over analyzing) as a whole with THAT premise, you will then begin to understand why "center" is crucial and how it is important not only to Jambi, but 10,000 Days in general. Don't hate me, you'll get it one day...or maybe not. Who knows ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
1177 posts deep on just this one song ...has gotta count for something. only "right in two" beats it out ...and we all know why, we all know which line it is. but the lyrics in jambi have a few instances of uncertainty, which on their own seem to influence the others (i.e. if you hear this now, you'll hear that later) ...which indeed makes it tough ...but the fact that these discrepancies can weave and dance around each other to compliment ...as well as contradict(!) ...is ...well, i don't know. do we have a name for it? do we -need- to name it? i know i can't do it! well, not intentionally at least. certainly not like tool. i mean, it happens all the time in conversation. i don't know what it is about me or how i communicate with others, but i get into trouble A LOT, even with the best of intentions ...even with further clarification ...even in my own family. perhaps i've tripped too often(?) but 'misunderstandings' - as a general concept - happen to me all the time. [this isn't a racism commentary btw]. some people are so habitual or stubborn that you know they're gonna hear something you say in a certain light, or perhaps darkness ...the cynics out there are nearly impossible to talk to, and forget watching a movie with them (...but then i wonder if i'm really meeting them half way?) blah blah blah... whole 'nother conversation...

anyways, everything you said up there (1176) is e-prime and dandy. the grass appears green to me, too. also ...the fevered ego thing was more of an allusion to hicks, nothing t'wards you.

I'm open to anything. It's hard to live life like Reflection has taught me. Although, I can understand different opinions and theories about Tool songs and albums etc, etc.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote