View Single Post
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM

i was right, thank you for responding.

good. i'm glad you laughed. because it also disproves your lil' occam's razor implementation. if the dispute exists of aural subtleties, then the context of all words and musical composition surrounding the discrepancy might be something to "look" into (see: earballs). however, as even you have stated, when it comes to TOOL - probably more than any other band in the world - this would just lead to more subtleties (by way of subjective interpretation). in fact, an entire wrap of occam's razor esque aural "triggers" could be utilized with the full intention of "swaying" listener appreciation and/or interpretation of the track ...from the most passive listener, to the most intently active. and if "rosetta stoned" is a message for the fan: YOU BETTER LISTEN! hint hint! it's clever, and the band's all about optical illusions, destroying preconceptions, and playing the trickster ...hence april tool's day. never be too certain of any THNG.

take "the pot" for example. does he say "asshole" or "ass, so..."? or does maynard even utter a single "offensive" word throughout all of lateralus (most claim track 8)? this is precisely why tool drags their feet on releasing album lyrics. gets you to wonder, gets you to shut off all external stimuli and just sit with the song ...patient and aware. deeply breathing. but ...you know, eventually they do get released. still, we see obvious ommisions and some mixed up phrases ...but the meat of the dish is the same, severed up and served out for you. example (from toolshed): though the "official" transcript does say "sun kissed", this may be one of the many typos on all of Tool's official transcripts. [i still think it's "sun kissed" ...like in the vicarious vid - actually i don't think there is a single brand name product in that song (why the hell would there be?) ...and yeah it still makes MORE sense to me]

here's the thing. i'm not so sure i trust my ears, and my mind is usually too far in front of me, or too far behind me. if i had it together then i'd be the one on stage in front of thousands. i mean, think about it. music. sound. vibrations of energy. infinite in, infinite out. all right here, yet all without. it is as pure as all physics, all stellar influences involved, and whatever created that ...or this. i meant THIS. really, it's far more THIS than it could ever be "that" :points finger away from the self as if it meant someTHING even though it doesn't: 'cause we are not SEVERED from one another, "we are all one mind" ...it is only an illusion of our disharmonic level of consciousness (44&2?), a "fevered ego" false sense of self ...that keeps us "pointing the finger AT everything (but his heart)". hence the "need to watch THINGS die". and no i'm not just throwing songs together for the hell of it. the narrative fits well and goes the distance, even into bill hicks territory. you'll be amazed. truly. initial occam's razor though might suggest that this cannot be possible. actually ...seems like you're ahead of me on this one: "Just because a word is used by the same singer in a different band in a song completely irrelevant to anything dealing with Tool or the lyrics to Jambi doesn't mean it's constant." ...which is one way of looking at it.

anyway, back to remaining logically humble ...i need to triangulate my focus from a wide variety of viewpoints to get the best overall idea - which is one of the reasons i love this forum so much (lil' shoutout). now, i'm not sure what you'd do in this case ...but i've got google for brainz. mostly because it offers the most amount of readily available - and often new - information. google: tool lyrics. or circumvent fan sites and get it direct from the source. toolband. well okay, so now you realize that 10k days hasn't been posted on toolband.com ...enter toolshed: These are the lyrics straight from the source. They form a blueprint for each performance of each song. They may vary at times, but the above words were typed by the guy who sings them. Let them be your starting point.

and if that's not enough, then you've come to the right place. fuck consensus (i tend to agree). let's do this personal interpretation by personal interpretation. so now your claim against sever is that it doesn't make sense "what-so-ever". but it does. as i've mentioned above. sever compliments the narrative throughout all of tool's career AND suggests ties between "jambi" and a perfect circle's catalogue (specifically "orestes"). convention suggests different band, different everything ...but nothing about tool or maynard would suggest that they'd prefer conventional thinking. so you know, check yourself before you ...you know. do you know how often crowley et esoterica are cross referenced to express a single idea? amoungst artists, musicians, alchemists alike? throughout hundreds, even thousands, or years ...of various culture texts and symbols? but NO WAY, can't be possible!!! not within tool's discography.

"Forgetting who I was for the first time in my life, just a scared little creature with a featureless body, all I could do was feel and see. That is when you know how infinite the universe is, when you have no reference point (cognition). Nothing to compare any thing to. Just a bunch of sensory data experienced by an Infant." - excerpt from a letter by a TOOL fan

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-14-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #1166
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217
Re: 02 - Jambi lyrics

i was right, thank you for responding.

good. i'm glad you laughed. because it also disproves your lil' occam's razor implementation. if the dispute exists of aural subtleties, then the context of all words and musical composition surrounding the discrepancy might be something to "look" into (see: earballs). however, as even you have stated, when it comes to TOOL - probably more than any other band in the world - this would just lead to more subtleties (by way of subjective interpretation). in fact, an entire wrap of occam's razor esque aural "triggers" could be utilized with the full intention of "swaying" listener appreciation and/or interpretation of the track ...from the most passive listener, to the most intently active. and if "rosetta stoned" is a message for the fan: YOU BETTER LISTEN! hint hint! it's clever, and the band's all about optical illusions, destroying preconceptions, and playing the trickster ...hence april tool's day. never be too certain of any THNG.

take "the pot" for example. does he say "asshole" or "ass, so..."? or does maynard even utter a single "offensive" word throughout all of lateralus (most claim track 8)? this is precisely why tool drags their feet on releasing album lyrics. gets you to wonder, gets you to shut off all external stimuli and just sit with the song ...patient and aware. deeply breathing. but ...you know, eventually they do get released. still, we see obvious ommisions and some mixed up phrases ...but the meat of the dish is the same, severed up and served out for you. example (from toolshed): though the "official" transcript does say "sun kissed", this may be one of the many typos on all of Tool's official transcripts. [i still think it's "sun kissed" ...like in the vicarious vid - actually i don't think there is a single brand name product in that song (why the hell would there be?) ...and yeah it still makes MORE sense to me]

here's the thing. i'm not so sure i trust my ears, and my mind is usually too far in front of me, or too far behind me. if i had it together then i'd be the one on stage in front of thousands. i mean, think about it. music. sound. vibrations of energy. infinite in, infinite out. all right here, yet all without. it is as pure as all physics, all stellar influences involved, and whatever created that ...or this. i meant THIS. really, it's far more THIS than it could ever be "that" :points finger away from the self as if it meant someTHING even though it doesn't: 'cause we are not SEVERED from one another, "we are all one mind" ...it is only an illusion of our disharmonic level of consciousness (44&2?), a "fevered ego" false sense of self ...that keeps us "pointing the finger AT everything (but his heart)". hence the "need to watch THINGS die". and no i'm not just throwing songs together for the hell of it. the narrative fits well and goes the distance, even into bill hicks territory. you'll be amazed. truly. initial occam's razor though might suggest that this cannot be possible. actually ...seems like you're ahead of me on this one: "Just because a word is used by the same singer in a different band in a song completely irrelevant to anything dealing with Tool or the lyrics to Jambi doesn't mean it's constant." ...which is one way of looking at it.

anyway, back to remaining logically humble ...i need to triangulate my focus from a wide variety of viewpoints to get the best overall idea - which is one of the reasons i love this forum so much (lil' shoutout). now, i'm not sure what you'd do in this case ...but i've got google for brainz. mostly because it offers the most amount of readily available - and often new - information. google: tool lyrics. or circumvent fan sites and get it direct from the source. toolband. well okay, so now you realize that 10k days hasn't been posted on toolband.com ...enter toolshed: These are the lyrics straight from the source. They form a blueprint for each performance of each song. They may vary at times, but the above words were typed by the guy who sings them. Let them be your starting point.

and if that's not enough, then you've come to the right place. fuck consensus (i tend to agree). let's do this personal interpretation by personal interpretation. so now your claim against sever is that it doesn't make sense "what-so-ever". but it does. as i've mentioned above. sever compliments the narrative throughout all of tool's career AND suggests ties between "jambi" and a perfect circle's catalogue (specifically "orestes"). convention suggests different band, different everything ...but nothing about tool or maynard would suggest that they'd prefer conventional thinking. so you know, check yourself before you ...you know. do you know how often crowley et esoterica are cross referenced to express a single idea? amoungst artists, musicians, alchemists alike? throughout hundreds, even thousands, or years ...of various culture texts and symbols? but NO WAY, can't be possible!!! not within tool's discography.

"Forgetting who I was for the first time in my life, just a scared little creature with a featureless body, all I could do was feel and see. That is when you know how infinite the universe is, when you have no reference point (cognition). Nothing to compare any thing to. Just a bunch of sensory data experienced by an Infant." - excerpt from a letter by a TOOL fan

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 04-14-2012 at 09:50 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote