View Single Post
facelessDrone
04-14-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent
Because

1. The part that sounds like vocals sounds just like parts of Third Eye

2. Why would they play 30 seconds before the release date or how could they after we have heard they are getting it on the day?

3. It could be allowed by the band to shut everyone up for a few days.

...and I still think it's a mix of a few other riffs...Someone also said on one of the other threads that one of the riffs sounded distinctly like something Tool played live.

Oh, and prove it IS real.
We can't *PROVE* anything. But, it's been on a bunch of radio stations already today. Honestly, in light of just that alone, which makes more sense? Real or fake?

OMG, it sounds like something Tool played live before. I guess they're not allowed to be influenced by their own music.

And I've heard ~30 seconds snippits of songs on the radio before, prior to the single's release. A local radio station did this with Linkin Park; if their album is important and anticipated enough to release such snippits, Tool's certainly is.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Old 04-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17
Re: Vicarious radio sample - fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent
Because

1. The part that sounds like vocals sounds just like parts of Third Eye

2. Why would they play 30 seconds before the release date or how could they after we have heard they are getting it on the day?

3. It could be allowed by the band to shut everyone up for a few days.

...and I still think it's a mix of a few other riffs...Someone also said on one of the other threads that one of the riffs sounded distinctly like something Tool played live.

Oh, and prove it IS real.
We can't *PROVE* anything. But, it's been on a bunch of radio stations already today. Honestly, in light of just that alone, which makes more sense? Real or fake?

OMG, it sounds like something Tool played live before. I guess they're not allowed to be influenced by their own music.

And I've heard ~30 seconds snippits of songs on the radio before, prior to the single's release. A local radio station did this with Linkin Park; if their album is important and anticipated enough to release such snippits, Tool's certainly is.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |