View Single Post
anagram?
04-19-2006, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitbox
With all due respect, you think that Tool charging more than twice what they charged in 2001 for the same deal is perfectly acceptable.

Also, for some reason, you evidently think that unless one is 15, pissing away 65 dollars at a moment's notice is something everyone should be comfortable with doing.
Again, this is a small venue mini-tour. It costs the band money to travel, move their equipment around the country, pay for the opening act(s), and all the other crap that goes along with playing a show. If they play a 3,000 seat venue and charge $65, that's less than $200k (before paying for their costs). If they play a 20,000 seat arena and charge $30, that's 600k. Same work, same travel costs...they're giving their fans a chance to see them in a small, intimate setting, which is much different than seeing them in a huge arena. If you don't think it's worth the extra money, wait for the arena tour, which will be awesome, too. I don't think they'll be charging $65 for that. And I don't think seeing Tool is "pissing away" money. If you do, then don't see them. Someone will buy your ticket.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 AM   #64
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: NOT ANOTHER CENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitbox
With all due respect, you think that Tool charging more than twice what they charged in 2001 for the same deal is perfectly acceptable.

Also, for some reason, you evidently think that unless one is 15, pissing away 65 dollars at a moment's notice is something everyone should be comfortable with doing.
Again, this is a small venue mini-tour. It costs the band money to travel, move their equipment around the country, pay for the opening act(s), and all the other crap that goes along with playing a show. If they play a 3,000 seat venue and charge $65, that's less than $200k (before paying for their costs). If they play a 20,000 seat arena and charge $30, that's 600k. Same work, same travel costs...they're giving their fans a chance to see them in a small, intimate setting, which is much different than seeing them in a huge arena. If you don't think it's worth the extra money, wait for the arena tour, which will be awesome, too. I don't think they'll be charging $65 for that. And I don't think seeing Tool is "pissing away" money. If you do, then don't see them. Someone will buy your ticket.