View Single Post
$pir4L's Avatar $pir4L
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06IBMGTO View Post
Yeah San Antonio really blew my mind and I am very glad I went. I told all my buddies we better go to San Antonio because they arent going to come to Houston again for a while. Ive only seen Tool 4 times total including last nights performance.

First time on 9/11/06 Cynthia Woods but Maynard was sick, he gave it his all and it was still a great show. The band was spot on...

Then Toyota Center Nov 07, was ok but I wasnt all that impressed by the sound quality compared to Woodlands.

San Antonio 09 was just insane though and is at the top right next to last night performance. They were both very very good and high energy from the band and crowd.

I feel that people in Texas really show their appreciation when Tool is here and I think they reward us for it sometimes.
Yeah I've gotten my girl into TOOL in the 4 years we have been together and last night was her 5th show. Her B-day is 7.25 so last year was perfect for a birthday concert.

9.11.06 was her first show too, the band sounded great, but overall it was a horrible show. They really tried to pull together and the venue is much better than Toyota, but the hill was beyond muddy, the weather was shit, Maynard was so sick he barely sang at all, really only made it thru because it was 9.11 I believe. We were pissed because the time before that, 2002 in The Summit he was sick and walked off stage a few times, even went as far as cutting 'Reflection' completely out of the whole Disposition>Reflection>Triad set. I don't think he did that anywhere else ever.

We appreciate them when they hit Houston early, it has really worked out the last few times, What kills me about Toyota is the chairs on the floor thing. It makes the floor one of the worst places to be, that shouldnt be that way. One of the things that made San Antonio 09 the best was that it was open GA floor. Toyota 07 I was on the floor with the Nazi brigade up my cell phones asshole and I'll never do that shit again.

10.28.01 was my first, and still the best to me, although I didn't get to see an Ænima tour show like the majority of my friends, seeing Pushit live, Opiate live and Osseus Labyrint made for one helluva first show. Not to mention that 'Uncle Sidney' was along for the ride ;)

Hate that I missed Beaumont 11.15.02 (Last time Third Eye was played near Houston), Hate that I missed Dallas 5.8.06 (The Pot) but am I SO glad I didn't miss this one...

TOOL FUCKIN TOOL
Old 06-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06IBMGTO View Post
Yeah San Antonio really blew my mind and I am very glad I went. I told all my buddies we better go to San Antonio because they arent going to come to Houston again for a while. Ive only seen Tool 4 times total including last nights performance.

First time on 9/11/06 Cynthia Woods but Maynard was sick, he gave it his all and it was still a great show. The band was spot on...

Then Toyota Center Nov 07, was ok but I wasnt all that impressed by the sound quality compared to Woodlands.

San Antonio 09 was just insane though and is at the top right next to last night performance. They were both very very good and high energy from the band and crowd.

I feel that people in Texas really show their appreciation when Tool is here and I think they reward us for it sometimes.
Yeah I've gotten my girl into TOOL in the 4 years we have been together and last night was her 5th show. Her B-day is 7.25 so last year was perfect for a birthday concert.

9.11.06 was her first show too, the band sounded great, but overall it was a horrible show. They really tried to pull together and the venue is much better than Toyota, but the hill was beyond muddy, the weather was shit, Maynard was so sick he barely sang at all, really only made it thru because it was 9.11 I believe. We were pissed because the time before that, 2002 in The Summit he was sick and walked off stage a few times, even went as far as cutting 'Reflection' completely out of the whole Disposition>Reflection>Triad set. I don't think he did that anywhere else ever.

We appreciate them when they hit Houston early, it has really worked out the last few times, What kills me about Toyota is the chairs on the floor thing. It makes the floor one of the worst places to be, that shouldnt be that way. One of the things that made San Antonio 09 the best was that it was open GA floor. Toyota 07 I was on the floor with the Nazi brigade up my cell phones asshole and I'll never do that shit again.

10.28.01 was my first, and still the best to me, although I didn't get to see an Ænima tour show like the majority of my friends, seeing Pushit live, Opiate live and Osseus Labyrint made for one helluva first show. Not to mention that 'Uncle Sidney' was along for the ride ;)

Hate that I missed Beaumont 11.15.02 (Last time Third Eye was played near Houston), Hate that I missed Dallas 5.8.06 (The Pot) but am I SO glad I didn't miss this one...

TOOL FUCKIN TOOL
OFFLINE |