View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #647
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tour complaints -- brokers, scalping, etc. (merged)

hey everyone. it's my first post here but i am a very long time tool fan. and after reading some threads this seems like a cool environment in which to discuss tool.

i have thought long and hard over the way in which tickets sales are handled these days. specifically with tool, as tool tickets constitute nearly all of my highest costing concert tickets ever purchased. i have come up with an idea that keeps all interested parties of ticket sales in the picture other than some of the the scalpers for the better seats at concerts. i am not sure if there are any legal sanctions i may not know of but i think it is realistic with enough effort by the bands. the bands need to literally take control of chunks of good seats themselves. the bands that generally have the biggest scalping issues in terms of price are the more popular, usually extremely wealthy bands. bands of this nature could literally become one these online brokers and as a gesture of thanks to the fans could sell chunks of tickets they purchase to the fans at a price that has little or no additional fees added to the bands overall cost of those tickets.

i am curious to see what everyone thinks of this and whether there is some unforseen obstacle that i am missing that would prohibit this idea or one similar to it working in at least some small way.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote