View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

This was my third Tool show and regardless of the problems I honestly had one of the greatest spiritual experiences at a show since the last time I saw Bob Dylan. I know there were issues and we all expect a lot more out of Tool than other acts but considering the circumstances, we were lucky to get a show at all. I'm sure I've not felt as sick as Maynard and refused to go to my stupid fucking office job at a college enrolling students because I felt rotten. (I'm working on becoming a professional artist at the time... I guess I'll see what comes of it. I'm really at the end of my wits making some rich scumbag even richer.) I applaud Maynard for doing what he did, especially considering that worthless swine that decided to show some love by doing damage to him. The band was spot-on, as always, and seeing things the way we did was interesting to say the least. Who on earth can blame a person who is bearing their heart and soul to thousands of people for walking off for a moment when someone shows that much disrespect? And from the words of those close, Maynard was hurt pretty badly. Wings/10000 Days was especially moving and I barely said a word the rest of the night. My friends who were my ride dragged me to Mill Ave. for a beer and I think I said three words because I was perplexed that anyone would want to go to hang out in that kind of mediocrity after seeing a band inspiring us to not be a part of that low-life atmosphere. All in all, I'm still feeling the changes from that show and I thank Tool for not just being a band that plays good music, but also makes you consider your place in life. After seeing the encore I decided to get a bit closer to my own mother again and for that I'm forever thankful. I don't know if the guys read these, but if so, thanks for giving me a positive impact. I'm sure my mother would tell you the same if she could.
OFFLINE |