View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #46
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

Well, I'm finally getting around to writing something about the show.

I had a blast!! I tailgated before the show and after, too much traffic to deal with.
Oddly, I didnt get to meet any Toolnavy people. Met one fellow Toolarmy member and that was it. Guess, I didnt try hard enough. Next time, if they come back, hope so.

The line to get in was horrible, I missed ISIS complete, that pissed me off. I like ISIS, I guess not too many people here tho. It sucked waiting, from what I could hear they sounded amazing, amazing...ly awesome. So what about the screaming vocals, ISIS' music as a whole is why I like them. The vocals just add a little something to there sounds. Hey thats just me. Hope I get to see them another time.

Finally got in, got all the requirements out of the way, t-shirt for my son, bought the big "Net of Being" poster (awesome,btw), pee'd, got another beer, and went to our seats and waited. Lots of people, I guess they actually sold out Cricket for this one. Never thought they would.

Everyone knows the setlist so I wont bother.

I really didnt mind "Fortysix & 2" with out the vocals. Just goes to show how talented the other guys are. They were awesome this night. If there were any mistakes I could tell, I'm not that picky about that kind of stuff. They're human too.

Despite the whole fuckin' water bottle incident screwing shit up and pissin' Maynard off, I think he did his best. I for one give him props for not leaving Phx hanging and trying to finish the night. Thanks Maynard. Hope the water boy got his ass handed to him!!

Sadly, no "Right in Two" or "Jambi".

Highlights...seeing Tool again. My forth show now. And my sons first!!! : )
OH and the visuals, lights, smoke and lasers. Awesome stuff. Gammage pwnd as far as sound went but the whole visualation part was unbelievable here.

Sure it didnt go off with out some problems (waterboy), Maynard not feeling all that well to sing to his potential, waterboy. I still had a blast this night with my family and some friends, and Tool!! Justin, Danny, Adam, and Maynard thanks for hangin in there and playing for us once more!! Hope we get another chance to see you play next year!!! Oh and a live DVD would be cool, too!! : )

(No band members were hurt during the writing of this post.)
OFFLINE |