View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #4590
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmansf View Post
Its just an evolution, you wouldn't want a band to sound the same forever would you? :)
As much as I'd love to hear the grudge live, they're adapting to age. I think songs like Right in Two are going to be Tool's future, well, thats the hint I got from them using it as a closing piece of 10,000 Days (which is funny, because its kind of 46&2 re-written in parts lol)
Tool will be able to tour and record albums as long as they'd like to. Maynard's vocals are not giving out on him anytime soon. I don't think they're adjusting their setlists for their age at all. They're not that old! They would have no problems playing the Grudge live if they wanted to. They played Opiate on the 10,000 days tour, and it sounded awesome.

There is a good possibility that the next album will be less heavy than the previous albums. I hope they're able to stay true to the experience that their albums have offered. I want them to do something along the lines of the Pink Floyd album Animals, and have a series of 12-15 minute psychadelic songs.
OFFLINE |