View Single Post
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
05-14-2010, 02:15 PM

5 bucks says someone took the CD of the album, put it through a pirated surround sound mixer, and pooped out a 5.1 mix that will fool idiots on the internet. I'm not even going to bother looking for it because I'm certain it's homemade.

You want a 5.1 mix? Set your receiver to Dolby Pro Logic II and upmix it that way. It actually works pretty well, and some receivers let you change the parameters too, so you can tweak the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy_sticks View Post
Like they released Parabola and The Pot on 5.1, not going to happen.
What are you talking about? The Parabola and Schism (not The Pot) DVD's are in stereo only. Salival has 5.1 mixes, as well as the Vicarious DVD.

Quote:
I want it recorded from the masters, but Adam seems to not wnat to step into the 21st century, or release it in 20 years time, he knows this band has laid the golden egg.
Say what? The CD was created from the masters...if that's what you're talking about. They recorded analog, dumped it to digital, then edited with Pro Tools and created a digital master, which was used to master the CD.

Barresi hinted at the possibilities of a 5.1 mix in one of the first interviews he did on the album. Everything is sitting there, digitally ready to roll, it just needs someone to do the mix...

Last edited by hushypushy; 05-15-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 05-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: DTS 5.1 version of 10,000 Days

5 bucks says someone took the CD of the album, put it through a pirated surround sound mixer, and pooped out a 5.1 mix that will fool idiots on the internet. I'm not even going to bother looking for it because I'm certain it's homemade.

You want a 5.1 mix? Set your receiver to Dolby Pro Logic II and upmix it that way. It actually works pretty well, and some receivers let you change the parameters too, so you can tweak the sound.

Quote:
Like they released Parabola and The Pot on 5.1, not going to happen.
What are you talking about? The Parabola and Schism (not The Pot) DVD's are in stereo only. Salival has 5.1 mixes, as well as the Vicarious DVD.

Quote:
I want it recorded from the masters, but Adam seems to not wnat to step into the 21st century, or release it in 20 years time, he knows this band has laid the golden egg.
Say what? The CD was created from the masters...if that's what you're talking about. They recorded analog, dumped it to digital, then edited with Pro Tools and created a digital master, which was used to master the CD.

Barresi hinted at the possibilities of a 5.1 mix in one of the first interviews he did on the album. Everything is sitting there, digitally ready to roll, it just needs someone to do the mix...

Last edited by hushypushy; 05-15-2010 at 11:06 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote