View Single Post
biff
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM

waaaaay late review....

22nd or 23rd Tool show and have to say that this was in the bottom half. If only because of MJK skipping the climax of Vicarious. I'd rather hear him croak it out than skip it entirely. I realize it is difficult (probably the most difficult line in the Tool catalog), but they should skip it if he's not going to bother to try...especially if it's the closer. I just now realized that this is the only real complaint about a Tool show I've had in the past 11 years. Not bad. Now, here's the second one. Lateralus is a perfect song, concise and to the point. The emotional message it conveys is a powerful one and needs nothing to be added to it. I'd rather they leave it alone.
Complaints done.

Forty-six and 2 was as good as ever.

Jambi is a scorching opener.

Danny's arm is fine.

They are the best band on the planet and they are ridiculously tight. When I say that this show is in the bottom half of Tool shows I've seen, that still puts this show ahead of 90% of all other bands.

Spiral out, and see you at PNC and in Reading.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

waaaaay late review....

22nd or 23rd Tool show and have to say that this was in the bottom half. If only because of MJK skipping the climax of Vicarious. I'd rather hear him croak it out than skip it entirely. I realize it is difficult (probably the most difficult line in the Tool catalog), but they should skip it if he's not going to bother to try...especially if it's the closer. I just now realized that this is the only real complaint about a Tool show I've had in the past 11 years. Not bad. Now, here's the second one. Lateralus is a perfect song, concise and to the point. The emotional message it conveys is a powerful one and needs nothing to be added to it. I'd rather they leave it alone.
Complaints done.

Forty-six and 2 was as good as ever.

Jambi is a scorching opener.

Danny's arm is fine.

They are the best band on the planet and they are ridiculously tight. When I say that this show is in the bottom half of Tool shows I've seen, that still puts this show ahead of 90% of all other bands.

Spiral out, and see you at PNC and in Reading.
OFFLINE |