View Single Post
nowistoolate
08-06-2009, 08:46 PM

This was my third tool show. I've never seen them live pre-10,000 days release, but I was pretty amazed when I first saw them. I thought this was a good show, but I was a little annoyed by the mixing and irritated by Maynard's total disinterest. The show's setlist was an abridged version of the other two shows I've seen. It was my brother's first tool show and I had to keep explaining to him that I've seen Maynard actually belt out the stuff that's on the album. It was nice to see the rest of the band really putting a lot into the performance though - Adam seemed happy to be there! I would pay to see these guys play out of a second hand PA system on a crappy stage if that's what the performances came to, but I don't understand why they couldn't make this tour a little different than the last ones. The different visuals were cool, but the whole feel of the show is no different than it was a few years ago. They should take a tip from someone like Trent Reznor and make high production-value concerts in different calendar years substantially different from one another.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #77
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

This was my third tool show. I've never seen them live pre-10,000 days release, but I was pretty amazed when I first saw them. I thought this was a good show, but I was a little annoyed by the mixing and irritated by Maynard's total disinterest. The show's setlist was an abridged version of the other two shows I've seen. It was my brother's first tool show and I had to keep explaining to him that I've seen Maynard actually belt out the stuff that's on the album. It was nice to see the rest of the band really putting a lot into the performance though - Adam seemed happy to be there! I would pay to see these guys play out of a second hand PA system on a crappy stage if that's what the performances came to, but I don't understand why they couldn't make this tour a little different than the last ones. The different visuals were cool, but the whole feel of the show is no different than it was a few years ago. They should take a tip from someone like Trent Reznor and make high production-value concerts in different calendar years substantially different from one another.
OFFLINE |