View Single Post
whateveron3
08-04-2009, 06:27 PM

This was show number 12 for me, not the best, not the worst (though I can't really think of any truly bad ones).

Was expecting the same setlist. I just tried to enjoy it for what it was as always. Tool won't be around forever, so I'm going to get my fix while I can.

I must make mention of the long wait between sets. I don't mind a wait, but it was a large crowd that was getting rather restless as time went by and it was creating a negative energy in the arena that dampened my excitement. It would've been decent if someone would've just come out and told us it would be a few, but they don't owe us anything right?

It was pretty surreal though. Sitting for an hour expecting the show to start any second packed in a building with thousands of drunk people screaming for blood made me briefly wonder if I had died on my way to the show and was now confined to some sort of purgatory that looked like the Verizon Wireless Arena.

The one positive that came from the wait is that it allowed me the chance to pick up one of the signed posters. People can complain all they want about a $100 poster, but the fact is that this is a beautiful piece of memorabilia. Considering what you would pay on ebay for a numbered and limited print (450 total printed, 100 signed) poster signed by the whole band that was authenticated by the band themselves, I'd say that $100 is completely reasonable (especially when compared to the $40 t-shirts). It's not only a beautiful piece, but a great reminder of the show.

Here's a picture of it:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/whateveron3/08042009445.jpg

I was concerned that the delay would mean a shortened set, but when they began Aenima, I knew all was well. Aenima was the highlight of the night for me because it had been a while since I had heard it live and the energy was great.

Thought the band played well and I enjoyed the stage production, but the sound was shit. I could hear Maynard well enough, but something (low-end on the bass?) was up WAY too high and kept causing everything to distort and reverberate throughout the arena.

Security was TIGHT. I was planning on making an audio recording of the show, but at the last second I decided to leave my gear in the car. This was a good decision because the way I was searched going into the building I couldn't have concealed my gear in any way short of sticking it up my ass (no thanks). It's just as well though because the sound was atrocious anyways.

I can totally see where someone having a bad day might have really seen this show as a total let down, but I was in a good mood, and I had zero expectations. I feel like Flood was a great choice for the middle of the set because it always helps me keep things in perspective.

Great band, good show. If they come around again I'll be there. Hopefully they will be supporting a new album. But no expectations, no disappointments.
10-25-02 10-28-02 05-21-06 09-29-06 07-12-07 08-02-09
07-01-10
Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #64
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

This was show number 12 for me, not the best, not the worst (though I can't really think of any truly bad ones).

Was expecting the same setlist. I just tried to enjoy it for what it was as always. Tool won't be around forever, so I'm going to get my fix while I can.

I must make mention of the long wait between sets. I don't mind a wait, but it was a large crowd that was getting rather restless as time went by and it was creating a negative energy in the arena that dampened my excitement. It would've been decent if someone would've just come out and told us it would be a few, but they don't owe us anything right?

It was pretty surreal though. Sitting for an hour expecting the show to start any second packed in a building with thousands of drunk people screaming for blood made me briefly wonder if I had died on my way to the show and was now confined to some sort of purgatory that looked like the Verizon Wireless Arena.

The one positive that came from the wait is that it allowed me the chance to pick up one of the signed posters. People can complain all they want about a $100 poster, but the fact is that this is a beautiful piece of memorabilia. Considering what you would pay on ebay for a numbered and limited print (450 total printed, 100 signed) poster signed by the whole band that was authenticated by the band themselves, I'd say that $100 is completely reasonable (especially when compared to the $40 t-shirts). It's not only a beautiful piece, but a great reminder of the show.

Here's a picture of it:
http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/whateveron3/08042009445.jpg

I was concerned that the delay would mean a shortened set, but when they began Aenima, I knew all was well. Aenima was the highlight of the night for me because it had been a while since I had heard it live and the energy was great.

Thought the band played well and I enjoyed the stage production, but the sound was shit. I could hear Maynard well enough, but something (low-end on the bass?) was up WAY too high and kept causing everything to distort and reverberate throughout the arena.

Security was TIGHT. I was planning on making an audio recording of the show, but at the last second I decided to leave my gear in the car. This was a good decision because the way I was searched going into the building I couldn't have concealed my gear in any way short of sticking it up my ass (no thanks). It's just as well though because the sound was atrocious anyways.

I can totally see where someone having a bad day might have really seen this show as a total let down, but I was in a good mood, and I had zero expectations. I feel like Flood was a great choice for the middle of the set because it always helps me keep things in perspective.

Great band, good show. If they come around again I'll be there. Hopefully they will be supporting a new album. But no expectations, no disappointments.
10-25-02 10-28-02 05-21-06 09-29-06 07-12-07 08-02-09
07-01-10
OFFLINE |