View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #40
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenLemur
Is it just me, or does a mosh pit remind anyone else of a square dance, except with more fat, sweaty guys than usual? I got a pretty good view of the whole thing; I thought I was at a Castro bear bar for a minute.

I would love to see you actually say that to the "fat, sweaty guys" in the mosh pit.

I'm really surprised by all the negativity with some of these posts. I too was a bit bummed by the sameness of the set list... as well as the staging and such. I'm OGT.... I think this is my 18th show?!?. All things considered I thought the band was in rare form. They sounded amazing, were incredibly energetic (especially MJK), and the crowd was loud as hell. I skipped SD street scene because I'm tired of festival shows....and I was hoping for something "fresher" where staging and setlist were concerned. I'm not sure why I thought this, but I had the feeling this would be the kick off of the "fall tour" brining about a different stage, set list, longer show, etc.. Apparently I'm not the only one that thought that.

I didnt see that many folks moshing and I was directly behind the pit. It was maybe 20-25 guys? and the only songs they knew were from Aenima.... it didnt get too out of control until they actually played Aenima. some guy ramed me hard, so I kicked him in his stupid ass. I drove from the IE for the show. I was happy as were my pals that attended the gig with me.
OFFLINE |