View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #32
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

So what ever happened to Isis?

This was nearly identicle to the Oakland show in May. That disappointed me. It was great to hear Rosetta Stoned again and I can always do without Sober. When will they ever play WFM/10kd?! When I was driving back home today, I wondered if maybe they feel the songs are too personal, or at least not live material. I certainly hope not. I'll be at the Oakland show next month and hope to see some variation.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Radisson right across the street from the arena. People were lined up since before 2pm, when I arrived at the hotel. After the show and our midnight meal run, we saw this man in a Tool shirt getting arrested infront of the hotel. Sucks to be him. The people staying at the hotel who were not associated with the show we're probably kicking themselves in the ass.

The pushing at the beginning was way too intense for me. I thought I would manage but after 2 minutes into Stinkfist I figured I'd rather enjoy the show than fight to remain standing, so my husband and I headed more toward the back. From back there I still had a nice view of Adam during the talkbox solo of Jambi, which is something I wanted to see. I gave a loud howl and applause after his solo, good job! I also applauded the security guard who removed the asshead near us that was thrashing into people in a drunken rage. I wish I would have remained closer to the stage, sans pushing, so I could better see Danny in action. I wish I were taller!

I feel they played well. Tool are very solid in that aspect. Like everyone else, I think they should alternate more with set lists.

I had a great time and thank you Tool!