View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #16
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid
My first Tool show too. It was also my first experience ever at a show where I was dead-fucking-center at the barricade/security gate too. I could see what kind of socks Danny was wearing.

However, due to my feeble and weak body I found it increasingly difficult to breathe and enjoy the band. That 60 pounds I lost really made all the difference. I want some of that muscle back. It was rather interesting to see people (mostly you fat fucks) mindlessly crushing fellow Tool fans into the barricades. I looked at the guy to the left of me, he had a look on his face like "if I can survive for 10 seconds more, I might see the end of Stinkfist." I mean, wow, the shit was just fine when everybody put their hands in the air for the beggining of Stinkfist - immedietly I felt 4 elbows remove themselves from my spine. Everybody could see, everybody was enjoying themselves... and then, shortly following.... I woulda thought I was at Lenin's funneral. Jesus.

I realized that being unable to breath really detracted from the show for me. I spent 90% of the time in the front with the secrurity's cock zipper in my face, covering my head from getting kicked (Which happened a few times) and trying not to sustain life-threatening injury. I opted to get yanked out.

I think that the most interesting part was when I was getting pulled from the front - it took two full-sized security guards to dislodge my god damned shins from between the barricade and the crowd. Whatever, it was a fucking blast. I spent the rest of the show acting like a total idiot, freaking out to the music near the back.

Awesome, awesome show - can't wait until the Staples Center.

EDIT: by the way, i was the Doofis with the blue-Einstein shirt.
That was me you were standing in line with :-P

Anyways-

I too got my ass kicked up front trying to form a protective bubble of arms around my girlfriend who happened to have bad female pains as is.

I just wish that I would have head Stinkfist and The Pot, but I think my girlfriend's life was more important.

The show was a solid one, however. And once I damaged my hearing just enough, it sounded awesome. I just wish I would have found Madrid a little later to buy some earplugs from him.
OFFLINE |