View Single Post
Chadbourne's Avatar Chadbourne
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM

Tool did a really nice job - Maynard i thought was very active and sang well. the music was not as loud as i thoguht it might be, and i heard MJK pretty well as opposed to the night after in NH. im guessing the open field had a play in this.

same setlist as we all expected, but the performance was very strong. i was to the left of the soundstage, on the edge of a huge mud slick. man that was gross. maybe the worst smell since woodstock 99 - thats tough to beat. kudos to anyone who went to all 3 days (althoguh i dont know why you would).

the prison sex riff was played here and in NH as well. damn tease. no lost Keyes, but there was an intro to rosetta Stoned - if anyone can figure out what that might have been id like to know. i know people had reviewed a new lost keyes, but i heard it in NH the night after APW and it was not the same at all. whatever they did at AWP sounded very cool. and shorter too.

speaking of rosetta, did anyone esle get the impression that maynard was acting like a carnival promoter? "step right up everyones a winner" i swear i heard soemhting like that.

the festival as a whole was pretty crappy. festivals have evolved into such events where theres usually a variety of things to do. not here. the stages were poor. no real excitement in the air during the day. and it stank. the only thing they did well was create enough space in the beer gardens. gogol bordelo was a lot of fun. MBV i thought was ok until the end. man alive that was a bit much.

and i thoght he stripped down for Flood. i might be wrong. and get rid of the drum battle - they kill thier momentum with all the delays and breaks in between songs. id rather get another song than a 7 minute interlude.

Yes. Oiu. Si. Shit adds up at the Bottom
Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 AM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

Tool did a really nice job - Maynard i thought was very active and sang well. the music was not as loud as i thoguht it might be, and i heard MJK pretty well as opposed to the night after in NH. im guessing the open field had a play in this.

same setlist as we all expected, but the performance was very strong. i was to the left of the soundstage, on the edge of a huge mud slick. man that was gross. maybe the worst smell since woodstock 99 - thats tough to beat. kudos to anyone who went to all 3 days (althoguh i dont know why you would).

the prison sex riff was played here and in NH as well. damn tease. no lost Keyes, but there was an intro to rosetta Stoned - if anyone can figure out what that might have been id like to know. i know people had reviewed a new lost keyes, but i heard it in NH the night after APW and it was not the same at all. whatever they did at AWP sounded very cool. and shorter too.

speaking of rosetta, did anyone esle get the impression that maynard was acting like a carnival promoter? "step right up everyones a winner" i swear i heard soemhting like that.

the festival as a whole was pretty crappy. festivals have evolved into such events where theres usually a variety of things to do. not here. the stages were poor. no real excitement in the air during the day. and it stank. the only thing they did well was create enough space in the beer gardens. gogol bordelo was a lot of fun. MBV i thought was ok until the end. man alive that was a bit much.

and i thoght he stripped down for Flood. i might be wrong. and get rid of the drum battle - they kill thier momentum with all the delays and breaks in between songs. id rather get another song than a 7 minute interlude.

Yes. Oiu. Si. Shit adds up at the Bottom
OFFLINE |