View Single Post
FjeremyU
08-03-2009, 11:39 AM

I guess thats what happens when you have a festival in a swamp.

As far as Tool goes, I thought the performance was outstanding. I've seen them 6 times now and have never left disappointed. Then again I am not the type to over-analyze every tiny aspect of the show. I had been reading these reviews and I can admit I was expecting the worst, but of course I should of known that all the whining was just dramatics from people who I guess feel like their owed something more. Anyway..

My Bloody Valentine... I dont know what to say. I love all music and even if i dont like something, I can usually see why someone may. Theres no accounting for taste. But Jesus I dont know if what I heard can truely qualify as music. Noise yes, but music? This nutball in front of me spent the whole set smacking his ears as if this somehow added to the experience. It seems to be all about volume with them. It would be like going to an art show and stareing at the sun because its the brightest object there. And that 10 minutes at the end where they went "off", I wonder how long it took them to write that. Maybe I just dont "get" it. But it seems weird that I can "get" everything else. Im thinking maybe it was all a big joke.
P.S. Gorgol was sick, Ima be keeping up with them.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

I guess thats what happens when you have a festival in a swamp.

As far as Tool goes, I thought the performance was outstanding. I've seen them 6 times now and have never left disappointed. Then again I am not the type to over-analyze every tiny aspect of the show. I had been reading these reviews and I can admit I was expecting the worst, but of course I should of known that all the whining was just dramatics from people who I guess feel like their owed something more. Anyway..

My Bloody Valentine... I dont know what to say. I love all music and even if i dont like something, I can usually see why someone may. Theres no accounting for taste. But Jesus I dont know if what I heard can truely qualify as music. Noise yes, but music? This nutball in front of me spent the whole set smacking his ears as if this somehow added to the experience. It seems to be all about volume with them. It would be like going to an art show and stareing at the sun because its the brightest object there. And that 10 minutes at the end where they went "off", I wonder how long it took them to write that. Maybe I just dont "get" it. But it seems weird that I can "get" everything else. Im thinking maybe it was all a big joke.
P.S. Gorgol was sick, Ima be keeping up with them.
OFFLINE |