View Single Post
HOTSAUCEMAN's Avatar HOTSAUCEMAN
08-03-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopShipDestroyer View Post
pretty much this.

i was really disappointed by the majority of tool fans having no idea they were seeing f'n legends up there, with some of the most amazing music i've ever heard (listen to Loveless and tell me i'm wrong). i'll admit though, that they sounded a lot better when i saw them at Roseland (and louder... i was able to feel my clothing vibrate from the sheer volume)

Tool was great, but the highlight was MBV
i realize that MBV are legends but i still don't enjoy them live. i caught them last year at ATP-NY, which they curated and headlined and also saw them at APW this weekend. personally, it just translates as muddy, too loud, and quite boring in my opinion. i get their history and know they are innovators of the shoe gaze genre, but i just don't enjoy it. it's a big world of music out there so not everything is going to stick y'know? pretty rude for TOOL fans to throw the finger to the band though, if you don't like it that's one thing, but have some respect to not ruin someone else's good time or disrespect the band. totally reminded me of coachella years back when massive attack was on stage and TOOL fans were screaming for them to get off the stage and booing. reflects the fact that for some reason TOOL attracts a lot of dumbfounded dipshits.

anyways, i enjoyed TOOL. i got hooked up with VIP tickets for free so we watched from the bleachers, my short ass had a solid view but i think the sound seemed a bit off from over there. i took two friends with me that had never seen TOOL and they were blown away, nice to see someone's perspective that doesn't follow the bands every move.

APW smelled like a horse's ass.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopShipDestroyer View Post
pretty much this.

i was really disappointed by the majority of tool fans having no idea they were seeing f'n legends up there, with some of the most amazing music i've ever heard (listen to Loveless and tell me i'm wrong). i'll admit though, that they sounded a lot better when i saw them at Roseland (and louder... i was able to feel my clothing vibrate from the sheer volume)

Tool was great, but the highlight was MBV
i realize that MBV are legends but i still don't enjoy them live. i caught them last year at ATP-NY, which they curated and headlined and also saw them at APW this weekend. personally, it just translates as muddy, too loud, and quite boring in my opinion. i get their history and know they are innovators of the shoe gaze genre, but i just don't enjoy it. it's a big world of music out there so not everything is going to stick y'know? pretty rude for TOOL fans to throw the finger to the band though, if you don't like it that's one thing, but have some respect to not ruin someone else's good time or disrespect the band. totally reminded me of coachella years back when massive attack was on stage and TOOL fans were screaming for them to get off the stage and booing. reflects the fact that for some reason TOOL attracts a lot of dumbfounded dipshits.

anyways, i enjoyed TOOL. i got hooked up with VIP tickets for free so we watched from the bleachers, my short ass had a solid view but i think the sound seemed a bit off from over there. i took two friends with me that had never seen TOOL and they were blown away, nice to see someone's perspective that doesn't follow the bands every move.

APW smelled like a horse's ass.
OFFLINE |