View Single Post
Fadilles
08-02-2009, 07:50 AM

They sounded good.. I thought Maynard's vocals during the end of Lateralus were a little muffled especially in the most important part towards the end. The dueling drums really kinda drowned him out. Lateralus is just such an amazing live song.. especially in that type of venue... outdoors with views of NYC and the Statue of Liberty. Schism and Aenema went over really well depsite it being about the 5th time in a row to hear them live. Flood though was the 1st time hearing it live and I thought they killed it!!

I still hope they squash this setlist eventually b/c there are so many good songs even off of Lateralis like the Grudge, The Patient, and Parabola that need to be played. I thought My Bloody Valentine was the worst live band I've ever seen. I never saw a performance where not 1 word was spoken to the crowd... and not 1 lyric was dichperable ... just noise, loud, distorted, annoying noise for 1 hr.. yawn!! I really like the Arctic Monkeys.. thought they were very good and Gogol Bordello despite knowing nothing from them were tons of fun to watch and listen to. A long, hot, sunburnt, muddy day... can't imagine people doing 3 days of that.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.01.09 - Jersey City, NJ @ All Points West Festival

They sounded good.. I thought Maynard's vocals during the end of Lateralus were a little muffled especially in the most important part towards the end. The dueling drums really kinda drowned him out. Lateralus is just such an amazing live song.. especially in that type of venue... outdoors with views of NYC and the Statue of Liberty. Schism and Aenema went over really well depsite it being about the 5th time in a row to hear them live. Flood though was the 1st time hearing it live and I thought they killed it!!

I still hope they squash this setlist eventually b/c there are so many good songs even off of Lateralis like the Grudge, The Patient, and Parabola that need to be played. I thought My Bloody Valentine was the worst live band I've ever seen. I never saw a performance where not 1 word was spoken to the crowd... and not 1 lyric was dichperable ... just noise, loud, distorted, annoying noise for 1 hr.. yawn!! I really like the Arctic Monkeys.. thought they were very good and Gogol Bordello despite knowing nothing from them were tons of fun to watch and listen to. A long, hot, sunburnt, muddy day... can't imagine people doing 3 days of that.
OFFLINE |