View Single Post
I Chas I's Avatar I Chas I
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM

good-i had good bird eye seats. i was on the balcony of the mezz section up top so i could fully enjoy the lasers. Finally got to see flood, that song stole the show for me. Trans am turned out to be pretty good. i got their cd they were selling for 10 bucks. havnt listened to it yet. The drum solo session in the mid of lateralus was great. The way they synced the solos to begin and finish at the same time was great from a fellow drummers standpoint. He sang the final part of Vicarious! I was dreading that part all night. I did not want to be walking out of the show thinking about how he did not sing it, but there it was. It sounded better than the other versions of it live I've heard too. Venue was nice, and it seemed to have good sound quality. Maynard seemed to be happy too. That was the third time I've seen Rosetta Stoned live and i think this time was the best one by far, especially the solo. Adam nailed it.

bad- too quiet. maybe it was because i was kinda far away, but many of the songs were too quiet. Especially Jambi and Wings. I remember the last tool show i was at they also opened with Jambi and the opening riff blew me away. this time it almost ruined the song because of how underwhelming it was. Stinkfist more than made up for it though (that would be a WAY better opener1). Also, I literally could not hear wings part 1 over the drunks next to me. Maynard was mixed a bit too low as well.

Maynard made a reference in the beginning about San Fransisco being louder than us when they hadny even played there yet haha. After lateralus he said "Now that was some excellent drum fagatry" He also joked about the writers strike. He pitched to us his own movie idea, which was a blatant copy of the story from freaky Friday (the Lindsay Lohan movie where the mom and daughter switch bodies). I thought that was pretty funny. He thanked us for "being so pleasant", which may have been why we got the end of vicarious.

Best tool show I've seen, and heres to number four being even better!

Last edited by I Chas I; 12-11-2007 at 03:40 PM..
Old 12-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

good-i had good bird eye seats. i was on the balcony of the mezz section up top so i could fully enjoy the lasers. Finally got to see flood, that song stole the show for me. Trans am turned out to be pretty good. i got their cd they were selling for 10 bucks. havnt listened to it yet. The drum solo session in the mid of lateralus was great. The way they synced the solos to begin and finish at the same time was great from a fellow drummers standpoint. He sang the final part of Vicarious! I was dreading that part all night. I did not want to be walking out of the show thinking about how he did not sing it, but there it was. It sounded better than the other versions of it live I've heard too. Venue was nice, and it seemed to have good sound quality. Maynard seemed to be happy too. That was the third time I've seen Rosetta Stoned live and i think this time was the best one by far, especially the solo. Adam nailed it.

bad- too quiet. maybe it was because i was kinda far away, but many of the songs were too quiet. Especially Jambi and Wings. I remember the last tool show i was at they also opened with Jambi and the opening riff blew me away. this time it almost ruined the song because of how underwhelming it was. Stinkfist more than made up for it though (that would be a WAY better opener1). Also, I literally could not hear wings part 1 over the drunks next to me. Maynard was mixed a bit too low as well.

Maynard made a reference in the beginning about San Fransisco being louder than us when they hadny even played there yet haha. After lateralus he said "Now that was some excellent drum fagatry" He also joked about the writers strike. He pitched to us his own movie idea, which was a blatant copy of the story from freaky Friday (the Lindsay Lohan movie where the mom and daughter switch bodies). I thought that was pretty funny. He thanked us for "being so pleasant", which may have been why we got the end of vicarious.

Best tool show I've seen, and heres to number four being even better!

Last edited by I Chas I; 12-11-2007 at 03:40 PM..
OFFLINE |