View Single Post
jex
12-11-2007, 08:58 AM

Great show, as all have said. Highlight for me was the drumming in Lateralus (although with two drummers that would have been a great opportunity for Disposition/Reflection, like they did with Meshugguh). Only real downer was the mix; we were in the second row of the mezzanine and could hardly make out Maynard's vocals. Danny is a thundering monster, though! I know I'm in the minority but I'm not really a fan of Flood although it's always nice to hear something different (in that vein I can relate to SterileEyes' comment above). Nokia is nice but it has the feeling of a big barn. Great show, though. The graphics and lighting are amazing!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #26
jex
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Great show, as all have said. Highlight for me was the drumming in Lateralus (although with two drummers that would have been a great opportunity for Disposition/Reflection, like they did with Meshugguh). Only real downer was the mix; we were in the second row of the mezzanine and could hardly make out Maynard's vocals. Danny is a thundering monster, though! I know I'm in the minority but I'm not really a fan of Flood although it's always nice to hear something different (in that vein I can relate to SterileEyes' comment above). Nokia is nice but it has the feeling of a big barn. Great show, though. The graphics and lighting are amazing!
OFFLINE |