View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM

Just got home- wow! I have much to say! But as usual, rather than be a post whore right out of the gate, I'll keep this short and let others fill in the blanks.

THE GOOD

Maynard. In good spirits most of the night. Sang the entire outro to Vicarious! First time I have seen him do that in like five shows. When he swung the keyboard away from him, I figured it was just so he could thrust the mic at us to sing the part. Instead, he leaned back and belted it out "Vicariously I.... Live while the whole world dies". Awesome.

Also, Lateralus. I know the song has been played to death. But goddam if it didn't blow up at the end like you always hope it will, but aren't quite sure. This song = delivering the goods.

Flood. Just keeps getting better.

The three rotating orb lights had new visuals on them. Very well thought out (well done Adam).

My seat- about 20 ft from the stage on Adam's side. Dude's a zombie!

TEH BAD

Ok, MUST get this off my chest. I sat in row D, seat 413 (aisle). To the morons next to me- why do you even go to live concerts? You yakked... and yakked... and then you went to get beers... and you came back (mid-song)... and then you yakked... and you yakked. JESUS HENRY FRIGGIN CHRIST! You were like a couple of old ladies in love with the sound of your own voices! You didn't seem to know one song by the band, which would have been fine except you really thought that what you were talking about was FAR more important! Yes, the guy in the aisle to the left of us was barely standing and nodding in and out. Ok. Great. I didn't pay to see that or hear you talk about it you GIANT FUGGIN MEATHEADS!

/rant off

Great night and can't wait for Vegas.

Spiral
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Just got home- wow! I have much to say! But as usual, rather than be a post whore right out of the gate, I'll keep this short and let others fill in the blanks.

THE GOOD

Maynard. In good spirits most of the night. Sang the entire outro to Vicarious! First time I have seen him do that in like five shows. When he swung the keyboard away from him, I figured it was just so he could thrust the mic at us to sing the part. Instead, he leaned back and belted it out "Vicariously I.... Live while the whole world dies". Awesome.

Also, Lateralus. I know the song has been played to death. But goddam if it didn't blow up at the end like you always hope it will, but aren't quite sure. This song = delivering the goods.

Flood. Just keeps getting better.

The three rotating orb lights had new visuals on them. Very well thought out (well done Adam).

My seat- about 20 ft from the stage on Adam's side. Dude's a zombie!

TEH BAD

Ok, MUST get this off my chest. I sat in row D, seat 413 (aisle). To the morons next to me- why do you even go to live concerts? You yakked... and yakked... and then you went to get beers... and you came back (mid-song)... and then you yakked... and you yakked. JESUS HENRY FRIGGIN CHRIST! You were like a couple of old ladies in love with the sound of your own voices! You didn't seem to know one song by the band, which would have been fine except you really thought that what you were talking about was FAR more important! Yes, the guy in the aisle to the left of us was barely standing and nodding in and out. Ok. Great. I didn't pay to see that or hear you talk about it you GIANT FUGGIN MEATHEADS!

/rant off

Great night and can't wait for Vegas.

Spiral
OFFLINE |