View Single Post
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM

well, while your interpretation is indeed elaborate, please allow me to say that from my point of view, youre reading too much into it.

i feel that finally, MJK has decided to write straightforward lyrics, about his FEELINGS, and especially those reserved for his mother. its pretty personal for him (i imagine), and he (or at least I) would want the message to be clear in intention and finality. so, while your explanation is sorta off (not totally), it does coincide with the whole issue of ascension, etc, and in the specific case of this song, its all about Judith and the life she led. let us not forget that Christians believe in Heaven, a higher form of living, a paradise. so, having that in mind, "high is the way, but all eyes (or 'our lives') are upon the ground" makes perfect sense. and thats just not reading too much into it. not abstracting as much.

cheers.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #520
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Re: 04 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) lyrics

well, while your interpretation is indeed elaborate, please allow me to say that from my point of view, youre reading too much into it.

i feel that finally, MJK has decided to write straightforward lyrics, about his FEELINGS, and especially those reserved for his mother. its pretty personal for him (i imagine), and he (or at least I) would want the message to be clear in intention and finality. so, while your explanation is sorta off (not totally), it does coincide with the whole issue of ascension, etc, and in the specific case of this song, its all about Judith and the life she led. let us not forget that Christians believe in Heaven, a higher form of living, a paradise. so, having that in mind, "high is the way, but all eyes (or 'our lives') are upon the ground" makes perfect sense. and thats just not reading too much into it. not abstracting as much.

cheers.
OFFLINE |