View Single Post
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
09-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
nah it really isnt. theres a harder 'b' or 'p' sound. really deinately isnt families. also it doesnt make any more sense than fibbers... infact probably less. he want to be spared from those spewing false sympathy...

ta be honest i swear i here flippers... but thats so clearly not it, that i spose ill put my money behind fibbers. flippant could sound right... but yeh, so very wrong grama and sense wise.
Ah ha! it is flippers!
I myself am from OH and when we wish to say fuckers or fuckin' and we don't want to be quite so rude, often we'll spit out "flippin" (maybe cause we're somwhere like a funeral) or if you happen to be opening a childs new toy, you may say aloud "Why are there so many flippin' staples in this box!"

Hence Maynard thingking to himself (about his family and loved ones)
"ignorant flippers in the congregation,
gather around spewing sympothy, spare me."

Note: the spewed sympathy is not nessasarily(SP) false, he just wishes to be spared the gestures that consolling people often wish to extend.

Last edited by benjamin; 09-08-2006 at 08:40 PM..
Old 09-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #505
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27
Re: 04 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
nah it really isnt. theres a harder 'b' or 'p' sound. really deinately isnt families. also it doesnt make any more sense than fibbers... infact probably less. he want to be spared from those spewing false sympathy...

ta be honest i swear i here flippers... but thats so clearly not it, that i spose ill put my money behind fibbers. flippant could sound right... but yeh, so very wrong grama and sense wise.
Ah ha! it is flippers!
I myself am from OH and when we wish to say fuckers or fuckin' and we don't want to be quite so rude, often we'll spit out "flippin" (maybe cause we're somwhere like a funeral) or if you happen to be opening a childs new toy, you may say aloud "Why are there so many flippin' staples in this box!"

Hence Maynard thingking to himself (about his family and loved ones)
"ignorant flippers in the congregation,
gather around spewing sympothy, spare me."

Note: the spewed sympathy is not nessasarily(SP) false, he just wishes to be spared the gestures that consolling people often wish to extend.

Last edited by benjamin; 09-08-2006 at 08:40 PM..
OFFLINE |