Thread: Surround Sound
View Single Post
Visceral9
05-26-2006, 10:19 PM

Listening to it in surround may not be what the cd was designed for, but it most certainly does open up new sounds and complexities that are very difficult to detect with stereo sound. I tried it on Wings/10000 Days and it was fascinating. The vocals are tossed in the centre channel and are more easily heard. There were some lovely harmonies I had not heard before, especially on the "High is the way..." section. Drums are also far clearer.

I definitely try to listen to any new album in as many different ways as possible to fully grasp all their complexities (High-end stereo, shitty boom box, headphones, computer speakers, surround sound, low volume, listening in a different room from where it's playing, etc...).
Old 05-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Surround Sound

Listening to it in surround may not be what the cd was designed for, but it most certainly does open up new sounds and complexities that are very difficult to detect with stereo sound. I tried it on Wings/10000 Days and it was fascinating. The vocals are tossed in the centre channel and are more easily heard. There were some lovely harmonies I had not heard before, especially on the "High is the way..." section. Drums are also far clearer.

I definitely try to listen to any new album in as many different ways as possible to fully grasp all their complexities (High-end stereo, shitty boom box, headphones, computer speakers, surround sound, low volume, listening in a different room from where it's playing, etc...).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote