View Single Post
HeavenLost's Avatar HeavenLost
05-13-2006, 07:24 AM

Christ in the garden of Eden to the serpent, 'And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed, He shall bruise you on the head, and you shall bruise him on the heel' Now to unpack this we have to know that you, me, my sons, my wife, almost everyone are all born of their father's seed. But Christ didn't have a human father, thus he is the woman's seed. At Calvary Christ struck the killing blow against Satan's plans against us (the bruise to the head), by becoming the perfect Lamb of God. The bruise to the heel was the death of Christ, something he overcame three days later.

As for the Jewish suffering throughout history. If you had wisdom that your enitire family, closest friends, most cared for people in your life would all die in, say, a plane crash; how far would you go to show them that that plane is a one way ticket to death.
The Jewish people were not chosen as His favorite, He chose them because they were most fickle. He knew that through them He could show his glory time and time again.
He delivers them from slavery or annihlation, they stay true to Him for a while then stray again and get themselves into trouble. He bailes them out is some wonderfull miraculous way and hundreds of thousands of people say, 'Holy crap, there is a God'

Now, God is Almighty, Sovereign, All Knowing. He wants all to be saved, but in his wisdom he knows who will choose their own way apart from him. But those people's lives and influences could impact hundreds of others and lead them to salvation, only God knows who, how and when. Why he allows the things he does I don't know the exact details, but i know by faith that his will 'is that none should perish' and his plan includes every human on the planet to bring as many as possible out of oblivion.

Now none of you know me, I don't think. If you do, good. So let me tell you something.
I step into nothing without great thought. I exercised every mental facility I am equiped with to defeat the truth in the Bible, and found all of my explanations and counter proofs lacking in the face of that extra-human wisdom that authored the Bible.

All these various religions, they seem to related don't they? Shared tenents, common stories, similar beliefs. Think of it like language. English, Spanish, French, to a lesser degree German are all similiar. Why? They have a common denominator, the same root languages. All these different religions are related in the same way, they are all based on the first religion, God. Over the centuries their members have picked and chosen the tenents they like and thrown out the ones they don't. Distinction is the only sin? Then stop, take it back to the root and find the God that is love but so much more, law but so much more, mercy but so much more. Remove the separation and find the common denominator. God.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:24 AM   #115
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

Christ in the garden of Eden to the serpent, 'And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed, He shall bruise you on the head, and you shall bruise him on the heel' Now to unpack this we have to know that you, me, my sons, my wife, almost everyone are all born of their father's seed. But Christ didn't have a human father, thus he is the woman's seed. At Calvary Christ struck the killing blow against Satan's plans against us (the bruise to the head), by becoming the perfect Lamb of God. The bruise to the heel was the death of Christ, something he overcame three days later.

As for the Jewish suffering throughout history. If you had wisdom that your enitire family, closest friends, most cared for people in your life would all die in, say, a plane crash; how far would you go to show them that that plane is a one way ticket to death.
The Jewish people were not chosen as His favorite, He chose them because they were most fickle. He knew that through them He could show his glory time and time again.
He delivers them from slavery or annihlation, they stay true to Him for a while then stray again and get themselves into trouble. He bailes them out is some wonderfull miraculous way and hundreds of thousands of people say, 'Holy crap, there is a God'

Now, God is Almighty, Sovereign, All Knowing. He wants all to be saved, but in his wisdom he knows who will choose their own way apart from him. But those people's lives and influences could impact hundreds of others and lead them to salvation, only God knows who, how and when. Why he allows the things he does I don't know the exact details, but i know by faith that his will 'is that none should perish' and his plan includes every human on the planet to bring as many as possible out of oblivion.

Now none of you know me, I don't think. If you do, good. So let me tell you something.
I step into nothing without great thought. I exercised every mental facility I am equiped with to defeat the truth in the Bible, and found all of my explanations and counter proofs lacking in the face of that extra-human wisdom that authored the Bible.

All these various religions, they seem to related don't they? Shared tenents, common stories, similar beliefs. Think of it like language. English, Spanish, French, to a lesser degree German are all similiar. Why? They have a common denominator, the same root languages. All these different religions are related in the same way, they are all based on the first religion, God. Over the centuries their members have picked and chosen the tenents they like and thrown out the ones they don't. Distinction is the only sin? Then stop, take it back to the root and find the God that is love but so much more, law but so much more, mercy but so much more. Remove the separation and find the common denominator. God.